UNSW or Usyd (1 Viewer)

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Alright guys, think I might end up switching to Law/Economics dual degree. But I'm trying to decide whether to go to UNSW or USYD (This is providing I get the marks I need.) I need help deciding, I'm going to try for college first year at least and UNSW looks cheaper accommodation wise. Can I get some help?

Last edited:

twistedrebel

HSC
m8 you do realise that its 99.75 cut off. They still account for ATAR and WAM. What are you studying with year

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
what college can you afford

oh look your decision is made
Pretty much all of them.

And they don't count your ATAR if you have completed a full year of tertiary study if it's better than your ATAR. So provided I get at least a distinction average I should be able to get in. Do either of the universities offer a better course or are they pretty similar?

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Pretty much all of them.

And they don't count your ATAR if you have completed a full year of tertiary study if it's better than your ATAR. So provided I get at least a distinction average I should be able to get in. Do either of the universities offer a better course or are they pretty similar?
Even then, the competition is insane, a distinction average will not guarantee you entry.

Arcorn

Ban ned
HSC
Even then, the competition is insane, a distinction average will not guarantee you entry.
Notice I said should, not will. I'm still going to try and get HDs in my current course to help boost potential to get in. But if worst comes to worst I can go into economics to start with and pick up law after a year or something.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm pretty sure at UNSW its calculated solely on WAM now and 75 is the minimum.

Carrotsticks

Retired
HSC
N/A
It's rare to find somebody sincerely saying "When I grow up, I want to study at UWS".

Usually it's eithr USYD or UNSW first (for people living within metro area)

Spiritual Being

hehehehehe
HSC
Uni Grad
If you got 99.7 and had the choice between USYD/UNSW and UWS which one would you take?
All of us have capabilities. I know I won't get 99.7 and a lot of people won't get it either. So to put me in a position when you're even suggesting I have 99.7 is bizarre in itself. I want to study law, I won't get be able to do it at UNSW or USYD unless I do a transfer which is way too competitive. Being optimistic is good but that's stretching it. I don't want to do it at Notre Dame or whatever, I know heaps of people (including relatives) who've graduated from UWS law and found jobs fairly quickly after graduating. Prestige has little influence and is a little factor when it comes to employment. You can argue that it's the most important thing in the world and that doesn't matter. At the end of the day I know what I want to be and I know how I'm going to do it.
'Care

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)