UNSW or USYD (1 Viewer)

lastofus

HSC
Yes, currently trying to decide if i should accept it or go straight into civil at unsw.
Tough decision, but most people would probably spend the $5000 on useless things anyway, and not even use the free iPad. But in all seriousness, both universities are very reputable for civil engineering. However, if ranking matters to you, UNSW is ranked 14th in the world for civil whilst USyd is ranked 19th. Both are great universities, so I would take into account what matters to you; i.e. social life. Personally, I have only heard very positive things about engineering at UNSW.

HardlyProductive

HSC
I've heard that USyd is very theoretical, UTS is very practical, and UNSW is a good mix of the two. Can anyone verify that?

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
I want to do engineering though i'm really sure which one so i'm currently planning to do flexible first year. I've been to both of the unis and i believe university life in both the unis can't be too different. But what don't understand is what edge would gain if i gain in regards to industrial connections/job opportunities if i am in usyd or unsw.
Different schools of engineering at different unis can be quite different.

When I was picking which uni for engineering, I took into account the facilities provided, the learning environment and the industry ties. I found personally that UNSW was good for me.

However, what works for me doesn't necessarily mean it will work for you. Pick what suits you best.

In terms of industrial connections, both unis are decent. Job opportunities is a different game completely and is up to the individual to work hard and find their own opportunities. The uni you go to can only do you so much. The rest is up to the individual.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)