UNSW Scholarship (1 Viewer)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
gesh17... i understand where you are coming from but as other people are saying... try schools in the west... no matter how much you try and persuade others to do well and study hard, people simply dont try at all, and this is what pulls u down scaling wise! Your school must have hard working students, and it is with results like that which help u receive that 99... Not all high schools are like yours mate ;)
You are wrong. See Shadowdude's post (quoted below).

If you go to crap school and you are smart ie deserve to be in the top 5%+ of the state then you should be coming 1st/2nd at your crap school for pretty much every subject. That way your fellow classmates have little or no affect on your marks/ATAR.

^ That is completely wrong.

I was one of the very few people at my school who did try hard and I got a good ATAR to show for it even though I was out for two months during the HSC period. One of my classmates got 98.35. I'd conjecture out of the 30 people in my year, only three got higher than 85.

You are also getting scaling and aligning wrong. Aligning affects only the top school moderated assessment mark. If just ONE person at your school gets 100 in the exam aligned, regardless of rank, then the top school assessment mark is 100 and everyone is pushed up. Fact is, if you are in the top echelons of your class - it is your duty to do well to maximise that rank, and thus pull everyone else up as a corollary. So you don't need a group of hardworking students, in reality - you can do fine with just one to push everyone up.

Scaling affects only your own marks. Now if the classmates of yours are so distracting then I can see that would be a problem.
Ahaha now you know my pain :p

Anyway, get back on topic kids.

am soooo gunning for this scholarship....
Gluck, erespall :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)