UNSW Social Life? (1 Viewer)

RazorICE

UNSW Engineering
HSC
Uni Grad
If you're planning on doing Comp Sci here, don't worry, the social life is awesome. We have the most active constituent student society and the best First-year camp on campus (as well as being the best club event second only the Photography Club's Scavenger Hunt). Comp Sci is, somewhat counter-intuitively, one of the most social communities at UNSW.

[Disclaimer: These are as voted by the Arc council, Arc being the governing student organisation.]

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
If you're planning on doing Comp Sci here, don't worry, the social life is awesome. We have the most active constituent student society and the best First-year camp on campus (as well as being the best club event second only the Photography Club's Scavenger Hunt). Comp Sci is, somewhat counter-intuitively, one of the most social communities at UNSW.

[Disclaimer: These are as voted by the Arc council, Arc being the governing student organisation.]
You realise how lame that sounds, right? lol

RazorICE

UNSW Engineering
HSC
Uni Grad
because Arc is lame?
Yes, precisely.

Haha sweet, but is media arts the same as arts though? It's at COFA. :/
Unfortunately, doing BMA/BSci will mean having to go between campuses a fair bit. I'm not sure how often, or how willing you will be to do that. Contact hours will still be relatively high due to CompSci but I'd say you'd have at worst around 20 hours a week. An example timetable for first semester could possibly be like this. (I'm not 100% sure if those are the classes you would take, but I got them from the Handbook.)

Last edited:

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Unfortunately, doing BMA/BSci will mean having to go between campuses a fair bit. I'm not sure how often, or how willing you will be to do that. Contact hours will still be relatively high due to CompSci but I'd say you'd have at worst around 20 hours a week. An example timetable for first semester could possibly be like this. (I'm not 100% sure if those are the classes you would take, but I got them from the Handbook.)
Please never plan a timetable ever again.

There is no way for them to get from COFA to the UNSW Compsci labs in <10 mins.

party animal
Hahahhaha

RazorICE

UNSW Engineering
HSC
Uni Grad
Please never plan a timetable ever again.

There is no way for them to get from COFA to the UNSW Compsci labs in <10 mins.
Wasn't planning it, showed the first example on Rectangles. Sheesh you guys are needlessly unforgiving.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)