unsw zmail (1 Viewer)

HSC
It mentions here that there is a firstname.lastname email address and you can choose , or can we not do that anymore?

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I remember someone at usyd had an email in the format of their name.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
You can (but I don't remember how, too bad page is down atm..)

D94

HSC
N/A
If you're a student (ie. enrolled), go to the UNSW IDM and you'll find that your "Additional Email Addresses" should be your firstname.lastname (and maybe a number) @ student.unsw.edu.au.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
nevermind every student that enrolled at unsw gets 'first name'.'surname'@student.unsw.edu.au automatically.

edit: just checked

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
struggling to set it up on my iphone.
Call them up and ask them. We have a help desk there that sets it up.

Or, you can wait until O-Week and there's a whole stall in the library devoted to connecting your laptop/iPhone whatever to the university email system or wireless internet.

skyhawkmatthew

Your Captain
HSC
Please give instructions for the iphone.
1. Open Settings > Mail, contacts, calendars and hit 'Add Account', then Exchange.

2. Fill in both the email address AND username field with your address in the format: z1234567@zmail.unsw.edu.au

3. Your password is NOT your zpass. Go to zmail.unsw.edu.au/getpass and enter your zpass credentials to get a separate, auto generated password that works for Exchange/IMAP.

4. Put this new password in the password field, hit Next. It'll verify for a bit, then a server field will appear, filled in with 'pod51000.outlook.com'. Hit next again, it'll verify again, then everything will get ticks next to it!

5. Turn off calendars, contacts and reminders as they're not necessary (no, there isn't a global UNSW contacts system accessible through this as far as I can tell). Hit next/finish. You're done!

Of course, this works on the iPad as well.

stevey6404

HSC
1. Open Settings > Mail, contacts, calendars and hit 'Add Account', then Exchange.

2. Fill in both the email address AND username field with your address in the format: z1234567@zmail.unsw.edu.au

3. Your password is NOT your zpass. Go to zmail.unsw.edu.au/getpass and enter your zpass credentials to get a separate, auto generated password that works for Exchange/IMAP.

4. Put this new password in the password field, hit Next. It'll verify for a bit, then a server field will appear, filled in with 'pod51000.outlook.com'. Hit next again, it'll verify again, then everything will get ticks next to it!

5. Turn off calendars, contacts and reminders as they're not necessary (no, there isn't a global UNSW contacts system accessible through this as far as I can tell). Hit next/finish. You're done!

Of course, this works on the iPad as well.

Do you have one for exchange on outlook? (Mac)

Thanks.

skyhawkmatthew

Your Captain
HSC
Do you have one for exchange on outlook? (Mac)

Thanks.
Sorry, I don't have Office 11 so can't try it out -- but I can't imagine it'd be much different to set up.

I've found that if you fill in the email address field with your 'name' address (e.g. a.b.surname@student.unsw.edu.au) it will let you send emails from that address instead of the z1234567 one. The username field still needs to be as above.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)