UOW Discovery Day (1 Viewer)

are you going?

• Total voters

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
Went today! It was alright, some stuff got kinda lame and boring.

Did anyone do:

1. What makes people happy
2. Body as a social construct
LUNCH
3. Scholarships
4. Social and emotional intelligence
i'm doing your second and fourth tomorrow, any good?

Finx

HSC
Second was based on how society sees what a 'good' and 'bad' body image is in modern times compared to <1900's. It was weird for me since it had 95% girls in the class. This was more of a sociology topic.

Fourth was great. It focused on things like body language and 'reading' people's expressions and tone etc. This was more of a psychology topic.

glo-stick91

HSC
Went today! It was alright, some stuff got kinda lame and boring.

Did anyone do:

1. What makes people happy
2. Body as a social construct
LUNCH
3. Scholarships
4. Social and emotional intelligence

Yeah. i was at your second one (Body as a social construct). It was alright at first but then i lost interest and nearly fell asleep! :sleep:Didn't help that it was a class i never registered for anyway....but oh well. all about experience. lol

Finx

HSC
I must've looked heaps gay in that class seriously. I was sitting next to a girl in a green top, if you saw me.

The only thing I found interesting was the fact that value of body weight has completely reversed since the 1900's. The rest was pretty boring.

glo-stick91

HSC
Yeah, that was pretty interesting. it reminded me of something similar our teacher told us about the value and portrayal of bodies through time.
Like there's evidence of it in the frescoes and art at pomeii and herculaneum and stuff. But thats completely off topic :).

Anyway. How did you go finding your way around the campus? Did you mainly do lectures that your friends chose too?

-tony-

HSC
Anyway. How did you go finding your way around the campus? Did you mainly do lectures that your friends chose too?
me and 2 friends all did the same lectures mainly coz me and one of them both wanna do the same thing and coz the other has no idea
after the first lecture it wasnt too hard to find the other buildings
first one we couldnt see a sign on the actual building and then we just asked someone in a window and she was lyk yea thats this building but im not entirely sure where that room is

The best bit all day was the chicks talk at the start of the day, about being a 'bannister'. I found it amusing at least haha.
yea that was pretty funny

benn07

HSC
Woo today was heaps awesome!
I figured out what i wanna do now!
I did marketing, why do australians in hollywood need an american accent and the media creative arts one.
The creative arts one was crap, alls we did was make an animation flip book!

Njn

nvrB♯nvrB♭.alwaysB♮
HSC
Drugs and the Brain... flop... yr 10 PDHPE and and some biology in one. x.x"
Why Australians need American accents... also a flop.

The only lecture I was looking forward to, (Creative World: Composition, Music Production w/e) , the lecturer didn't even turn up to!

So overall the day was phail. =)

Although yeh, the chick at beginning was heaps funny.:haha:

shell.q

HSC
pfft our school is going on fri i think, r u guys all from syd? coz i was like why do they have it for a whole week, im guessing it must get popular....but anyhoo, i hate the fact tht they dont have my desired course there meaning i have to move out of home.....i live in gong so would of been good if they did. stupid unis.

but previous years have said it is good, and also those who go gets first prefernce when it comes to early entry into uni at the uow

Tutored

Snooze Fest
HSC
Yeah I went today. I had a great time, but then again, it doesn't take all that much to amuse me. The whole bannister thing was funny, yep. I especially liked the build up to it, though. I had making the most out of university life, which was fun, we basically played human-bingo, and learned a bit about people we'll quite possibly never see or speak to again, as well as learning about the series of events that UOW tends to hold...some of them I'm definitely considering. Secondly, was international exchange. I only disliked that because, as has been said before, all the information they provided is available elsewhere...though I did like the talk of other peoples experiences. I really enjoyed why should I study a language at Uni...technically I'd already made up my mind on that one...I dont really know why I even elected that session...but it was beneficial in that the person hosting it was actually the head of the language Im hoping to learn and perhaps "study abroad" with in the near future...and lastly was Commerce: Whats the Big Deal....Yeah....I really don't know what happened there...I about fell asleep until the lecturer started talking about his wife and then star trek...then put on a black fuzzy wig, pulled out a pimp stick and started dancing around to a youtube clip he put on for us...and yes I'm being serious. All in all, it was an experience I definitely appreciate and hope everyone got out of it atleast as much as I did ^_^

And this would have been a much shorter post if I'd bother saying beforehand that I planned on going today xD

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
i went. seemed quote good. still set on UNSW BComm though

highlight was the finance lecturer explaining why its better to try and invest in things that return you more money quicker.

janetO

HSC
it was such a waste of a day!
drugs and the brain was slightly interesting but we eventually resorted to drawing random pictures and laughin at them.
2nd lecture was some sociology one.. the body as a social construct?
ABSOLUTELY BORING!
my friends and i skipped 3rd lecture LOL
and 4th was some emotional intelligence thing for psychology which was probably the best one yet still boring

overall, i wish i went to school instead

DGDG77

HSC
Who went to Wollongong Discovery Day

If so what lectures did u do, did u like it? and did anyone go on wednesday and see a massive Konga line?

shimmer205

HSC
Re: Who went to Wollongong Discovery Day

Hey,
I was there! Yep, saw the conga line too. Were you part of it?
I was just watching.
I really liked the seminar on languages at uni, and going overseas for 6 months as part of that. I was at the bih Psychology talk at the end of the day, and that sounded interesting too.
What about you? any inpiration?
was anyone else there?

laurabally

HSC
Re: Whos Going to UOW ' discovery day'

went the other day and it was the biggest bludge ever, but it was good.
anyone go to finance? the lecturer was so funny! she had no idea what we were saying and had some crazy laser pointer thing. so entertaining!
but she went forever and we missed like twenty minutes of lunch D:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)