UoW Internet (1 Viewer)

equiski

HSC
Neat! I'll be sure to remember that.

By the way, jm1234567890, JUAiseek is a godsend. Thankyou very much for creating that marvelous piece of software XD.

holl

Yeah, as someone said earlier you get speedlink in your room
You get about 200Mb for free when you start and that has lasted me nearly the whole year. You also get uni quota, not sure how much. You just sign into which ever one you want to use when you log on. But they can check if you have been downloading music ect and can even expell you form the uni for things like that. They can do random computer checks for any downloaded music.

jm1234567890

Premium Member
HSC
holl said:
Yeah, as someone said earlier you get speedlink in your room
You get about 200Mb for free when you start and that has lasted me nearly the whole year. You also get uni quota, not sure how much. You just sign into which ever one you want to use when you log on. But they can check if you have been downloading music ect and can even expell you form the uni for things like that. They can do random computer checks for any downloaded music.
yeah, it isn't so bad though, they worn you about illegal stuff with email first.

the quota is 500meg from australian sites or 100meg from international sites

SYNeR

bah.. I do that kind of quota in like 2 days... on dialup..
:(
... I think I saw on the UoW site that traffic to/from Sydney Uni, etc.. is free?..
If so, one of the other uni's better have a gentoo mirror..

equiski

HSC
Yeah, I remember I used to average 2 gigs a month of downloads when I had 56k dialup. At 77 dollars a gig, it looks like I'm going to have to curb my habits or wardrive; which sounds pretty exciting really.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)