Updated Raw Marks Database (sortable excel file) (1 Viewer)

D94

HSC
N/A
Updated Raw Marks Database - Sortable Website

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATE: I've placed the database on an easily accessible website: http://rawmarks.info/
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I have compiled the 2013 HSC raw marks data with the data from previous years from brettymaccc's database into an excel file which can categorised/sorted.

The excel file is on my Google Drive. You will have to download it so that the excel sorting functions can work: http://bit.ly/rawmarks (v2.1.3)

Where there are gaps, that's where users haven't provided enough data to ascertain specific marks. This is generally with subjects that have different options where it's possible the raw mark and total weighted mark are different, but the user hasn't provided enough information.

Some explanations:

Raw Mark (/100) - Unweighted: This is the mark achieved on a straight marking of the paper. It doesn't take into account different options or texts, such as in English, Physics, Modern History etc. The raw mark has been converted to a mark out of 100. So for example, a mark of 81.43/100 in English Advanced was actually 85.5/105; and a raw mark of 79/100 in English Extension 1 was actually 39.5/50 etc.

Raw Mark (/100) - Weighted (TWM): This is the total weighted mark. I've used 'Raw Mark' as well since it is still a raw mark, but it has been weighted or scaled to account for different options in certain subjects. For subjects where there are no options, such as Mathematics, this is the same mark as the unweighted mark.

Aligned Exam Mark (Reported Mark): This is the mark students see on their official results and record of achievement. It is the "Examination Mark". This mark has been aligned with the standards and this changes every year since the papers and cohorts are different, hence you cannot simply compare one year to another without taking that into account.

Thanks to the following for providing data for the 2013 update (I think that's everyone):

albertcamus, anomalousdecay, braintic, caseyjbyrne, catwoman11, Drifting95, Examine, Fizzy_Cyst, gwilymprice, HK1996, Hombad, Hypem, iPhone4, Jacob888, -kc, kiwi703, Kobweb, Makematics, MethewYan, ncoul, NFmusic1995, ocatal, panda15, Pete15551, pHyRe, Randox, RivalryofTroll, v1, wagig, and yasminee96.​

(and as well as to those who provided data in previous years)​

If there are any marks that I have missed, please let me know and I can add them in.

Version 2.1.1 (26/07/14)
Version 2.1.2 (30/07/14)
Version 2.1.3 (08/08/14)

Old Thread: http://community.boredofstudies.org...9611/atar-raw-mark-cut-off-band-database.html

Last edited:

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Just one thing. A few extension units have B5 or B6 where it should be E3 or E4.

But yeah huge thanks to D94 for compiling it into such a neat and sortable list.

And also, I can imagine the time it would have taken D94 to find our old posts in the 2013 section for raw marks and results.

someone rep for me plz
Had you covered, but still deserves more rep.

Squar3root

realest nigga
HSC
Uni Grad
also to add; i dont think some of the marks for maths 2/3/4U "line up" the exams prior to 2012 were out of 120/84/120 but now are 100/70/100 respectively. not sure if this has been accounted for but i trust D94

ConorDevaney

HSC
woah, thanks so much, you're a legend! would there be any for french continuers and extension?

Zeref

Stare into my eyes.
HSC
This doesn't take into account for ranks at school right?

MrTammoth

HSC
This is very good despite the fact i don't understand this. As long as i get over 60% in all subjects i'll get band 5 great!

D94

HSC
N/A
This is very good despite the fact i don't understand this. As long as i get over 60% in all subjects i'll get band 5 great!
The table shows the raw marks achieved in the HSC exam and what 'aligned' mark that correlated to for that particular year. Do note that your school's assessments may not be to the standard of the HSC, or their marking may not be consistent with the HSC exams. The table does not necessarily mean a 60% in school will translate to an overall Band 5. Also note that your final HSC mark is the average of your assessment mark and exam mark, so merely achieving a Band 5 score in the exams may not be enough to get a Band 5 if your assessment mark is lower. The assessment mark is your aligned or adjusted school mark based on the standards of the state and not your school. A 60% at your school may need to be adjusted to a mark that can be compared to the rest of the state since you probably don't sit the same assessments as other schools.

MrTammoth

HSC
The table shows the raw marks achieved in the HSC exam and what 'aligned' mark that correlated to for that particular year. Do note that your school's assessments may not be to the standard of the HSC, or their marking may not be consistent with the HSC exams. The table does not necessarily mean a 60% in school will translate to an overall Band 5. Also note that your final HSC mark is the average of your assessment mark and exam mark, so merely achieving a Band 5 score in the exams may not be enough to get a Band 5 if your assessment mark is lower. The assessment mark is your aligned or adjusted school mark based on the standards of the state and not your school. A 60% at your school may need to be adjusted to a mark that can be compared to the rest of the state since you probably don't sit the same assessments as other schools.
Ahhhh why thank you wise man. I wish i was as bright as you then i wouldn't be speaking like dis bruh.

Arigato Sensay.

D94

HSC
N/A
Thanks guys, I've just updated it with one extra addition to the Maths marks.

D94

HSC
N/A
Does no one have any marks they could add for languages?
Probably not - remember, people had to pay for their marks, and languages don't have many students in them. But I'll update it and let you know if someone has contributed their language marks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)