Urgent!: English needs *you*-the EE1 bitch and procrastination thread (1 Viewer)

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
I have come to the realisation that i genuinely despise this course above all others. That is all.
PS. Speculative fiction sucks.

monique66

Crime fiction is no better, trust me :)
I lie, it's okay actually :eek:
There could have been better texts though

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
I've always liked fantasy. Not a big sci-fi fan, but i love fantasy. But godamn this course is killing it for me! Arghhh. Damn you representation task!

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
Dune, which i read and found okay. Handmaid's Tale, which was one of the more brilliant books i've read (margaret atwood is like the most talented writer. ever. Although i heard she's not so nice in real life. O well, win some, lose some). And ofcourse the almight famous movie by mr. peter jackson. LOTR:FOTR. Great texts, hate the course.

monique66

love LOTR, i think i read handmaid's tale in yr 9 or 10 or something. I annoyed the teacher so she gave it to me to read to shut me up :p

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
What crime fiction texts are you doing? I'm not really all that familiar with the other stuff =/ i did gothic in year 11

monique66

The Big Sleep
Anil's Ghost, and
The real inspector Hound

not really that big names but reasonably popular in the genre i suppose

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
haha tom stoppard. Ros and Guil in module A was really good. Is it a novel or a play? :S

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
I soooo wish that I had done Speculative Fiction instead of Crime...I tried pressuring my teacher to do it but she wouldn't teach it because she thought people might be more interested in Crime Fiction.
And thank you McLake!:D

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
I was pissed off in the trials that there wasn't any room left for creativity - as damnation said - and section I resembled a module B qn i.e. textual integrity

tez0r

Rawr?
HSC
did you guys have prepared short stories for the creative section?

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Ick, not prepared. That would be not only overdoing it, but putting your eggs in one basket as you can't be sure what the question would be. You should still practice the conventional forms of writing so the style somes to you easily...but seriously don't pre write one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)