URGENT - Need help! (1 Viewer)

imoO

HSC
Hi guys,

Okay, so I received an offer for my 2nd preference - and I've accepted as far as I know. (I just need to go to enrollment session).

However, the courses I really wanted were 1st pref (which I couldn't make) and below my 2nd preference (because I was influenced by last minute decision making on the 6th of Jan), and I recognized I placed the wrong course in 2nd...

Basically what I'm saying is I don't want my 2nd pref because that's not where my heart lies atm. I want another offer for a diff course that was placed below 2nd pref (due to my stupidity)

I just wanted to ask what are the chances of getting into a course on 2nd round offers? (considering the course has vacancies or if it has no vacancies)

Give me a percentage...

Secondly, are there fees I have to pay for submitting changes in order to receive and offer for Feb round?

I can't find them anywhere

Cheers.

henry08

HSC
N/A
Accept the offer you have, and then wait and see if you get an offer for the prference you do want in the next round (be sure to move it up in the preferences though).

We can't give you a % answer. I.e. how long is a piece of string?

ajdlinux

Mod: ANU, ATAR/HSC Marks
HSC
UAC does not charge additional fees for late round offers, however be careful about getting yourself into any contractual arrangements such as accommodation unless you understand the implications for a late round offer.

Andi0390

HSC
Your percentage chance of getting into a late round offer is directly decided by the demand of the course.

If the course that you want has vacancies and your ATAR is above the cut-off for the main round then I would say you have a reasonably - decent chance of getting an offer.

If you're ATAR is not much higher than the cut-off, or there is no vacancies then chances are bad.

Sometimes the cut-off is lowered for courses but these are generally those that are consistently in low demand. I know University of Canberra has lower cut-offs for late rounds, and there are probably a few others that do too. For the popular courses or popular institutions the cut-off is not likely to be lower than the main round even if there are vacancies.

There is no fee to change your preferences with UAC.

Good luck, you'll probably get better advice if you provide the names of the courses in question.

imoO

HSC
Thanks for the info, it's a great help.

All I can say - 2nd round...don't fail me now..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)