**URGENT**: With medical condition, can you do 8 units? (1 Viewer)

Brad1549

Premium Member
HSC
Hey everyone.

I suffer from Epilepsy Grand Mal and the medication (as well as the recovery time needed after a seizure) is very detrimental to my study. The medication is taken twice a day, and makes me very drowsy and unable to focus. After seizing, it takes about a day to recover. I have a seizure about once a month, but the medication is ongoing every day.

Anyway. I do 10 units at the moment and overheard a teacher talk about a thing where if you suffer from a medical condition that alters your study patterns, you can do 8 units instead (with the other 2 units as 'estimated marks' I believe).

Can anyone let some light onto this matter? My family and I would greatly appreciate any info on this - we tried talking to the school about it but they're pretty hopeless and only care about the $28,000 per person they get each year, than the quality of schooling and/or school life they have.

*Sigh*. Thanks for your help!

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I haven't heard of this scheme. I've heard of the Pathways scheme....in which you can do your HSC over two years, doing maybe 6 units the first year and 4 units the next year?

To be honest....'estimating' 2 Units of work, would be pretty bullshit. It may give you totally wrong estimates which may fall heavily in your favour (or it could easily work against you).

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
I also have never heard of this scheme but Pathways allows you to accumulate your HSC over 5 years (and I have seen many kids take this path with major illnesses and for other reasons).

K

Kozak92

Aeraths suggestion seems pretty reasonable. Also remember that you are a clear top candidate for the EAS scheme so that will help once you finish your HSC.

Would be annoying to get your marks estimated imo.

Good luck!

agirlinatutu

Im just not ready...
HSC
"estimating 2 units"? Yeah I don't think so for the reason Aerath mentioned.

Keep economics and or ask your schools about pathways.

tizona

HSC
I have a friend with medical issues as well. He was meant to graduate in 2009 but the school, because of his condition, forced him to do it over 2 years instead.

Maybe that might happen to you as well?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)