• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

US and Israel agree boycott plan (1 Viewer)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
ZabZu said:
I find it fascinating how people on the left (especially the far left) support Islamic extremist (terrorist) groups such as Hamas, Hezbollah and Al-Qaeda. These groups are religious fanatics and hence on the conservative side of politics. They are intolerant, racist and unreasonable.

On insight (show on SBS) a few months ago a member of Hezbollah would not participate on the forum (via satellite) because the show was hosting an Israeli government representative (also via satellite). The Hezbollah member later changed his mind but he had conditions.

But the problem is when people dont have a choice - then really you cant do much but choose what you have got. At the moment- these extremist groups is all what Palestine and Lebanon have.

Other groups just arent able to get the support that is required.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Nathan said:
"I'm pretty sure..." Definitely, definitely, you need to get onto the phone and start speaking with the Israeli government. Seriously, although they had a whole army trying to work out the best way to minimise civillian casualties as well as achieving the goal as best as they could, you are "pretty sure that there are other, more strategic and more beneficial ways of getting rid of these terror cells". Please, next time there is a war, make sure there are NO casualties, military or civillian, otherwise there will be a forum about your agression and international irresponsibility.
Sir, you're not in the international relations game, stop pretending and taking the discourse that I choose to use on a forum so seriously, please. Aside from that indeed, I feel that it's rather silly to suggest that ambitions of Israel are at all justification for the massive death of civilians. Also, just because you're in a war doesn't inherently mean that civilian deaths are suddenly justified.

I find it fascinating how people on the left (especially the far left) support Islamic extremist (terrorist) groups such as Hamas, Hezbollah and Al-Qaeda.
Shuttup.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
Sure, although once again, that's a pretty awful argument. Also, consider that I'm not part of a massive force that bombards Aboriginal buildings killing thousands of civilians to weed out a few supposed terrorists.
You're as much related to the slaughter of Aboriginals 200 years ago as the average Israeli is to what their army does.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
That's absurd. Absolutely absurd. I can't begin to describe the absurdity.
Please do. The only argument you can make against it is that they all did national service, but given it's compulsory, they're hardly providing an endorsement for the acts of the army.

You're living on land that was obtained by bloody warfare, they're living on land that is protected by bloody warfare.

zeek

HSC
The difference is that:
1) You're living on land that is acknowledged to be traditionally owned by its indigenous people.
2) Australia has tribunals and departments which deal with the return of traditional tribal land to the Aboriginal people
3) Australia does not attempt to contain and isolate its indigenous people through artificical boundaries e.g. 6 metre walls (however this is debatable)

There are probably many more points which I haven't mentioned.
Attempting to compare the way by which Israeli and Australian land was attained is, in my opinion, not possible because there were different and significant factors affecting their foundation.

Aryanbeauty

HSC
zeek said:
The difference is that:
1) You're living on land that is acknowledged to be traditionally owned by its indigenous people.
2) Australia has tribunals and departments which deal with the return of traditional tribal land to the Aboriginal people
3) Australia does not attempt to contain and isolate its indigenous people through artificical boundaries e.g. 6 metre walls (however this is debatable)

There are probably many more points which I haven't mentioned.
Attempting to compare the way by which Israeli and Australian land was attained is, in my opinion, not possible because there were different and significant factors affecting their foundation.
And Israel/Palestine is traditionally owned by Jews thousands of years before there was an Arab/palestine in the area. Since Palestinians are mostly arabs why don't they go back to arabia where they originated, instead of trying to live in aland which does not belongs to them.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Aryanbeauty said:
Seeing how Hamas and Fatah fighters killed eachother in their attempts to control palestine, one wonders who really are power hungry LOL. These palestinians have no hesitation in killing their fellow palestinians when it comes to having political power. All these miseries and sufferings of palestinians are actually brought unto themselves, that is why no one, i said no other country really give a fuck about them. I remember how palestinian blew up USAID people who went to Gaza to give scholarship to Palestinians so they can study in US Universities. These beggars don't even have the ability to differentiate the one who feed them and their enemy.
BUT, if the bloody isralies didnt force themselves in a country that doesnt belong to them, people of palestine would stop killing each other. The israilies have caused severe havoc between both hamas and fatah, and its all their fault that the poor palestinians are killing one another.

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Aryanbeauty said:
And Israel/Palestine is traditionally owned by Jews thousands of years before there was an Arab/palestine in the area. Since Palestinians are mostly arabs why don't they go back to arabia where they originated, instead of trying to live in aland which does not belongs to them.
Actually you got your alphabet all mixed up Aryanbeauty!!, Palestine belonged to the arabs first, I greatly advice you to do more reading about the history of palestine before you start posting your theories or acusations. Just incase you didnt know, all the countries such as poland, russia, hungary and all other european countries, kicked the jews out of their land (ever wondered why......i'l tell you why if u wanna, but I'd respect myself and keep my mouth shut), therefore, they migrated to palestine, and killed all its people. If jews didnt cause havoc and problems in Europe, they wouldnt be kicked out of it, before being shipped off to palestine. Also, there isnt a place on the face of earth called "Arabia", I advice you to stop watching disney's "Aladdin" before you you post anything, also make sure that you re-read your posts and check the authenticity of the information you post.

Last edited:

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
Nebuchanezzar said:
My apologies to you then sir. I guess the fact that it's not on a map made up by bullshit dickheads post-WWII means everything. I guess the fact that Palestinian land was just magically given to Israelis after WWII means everything, I guess that the fact that land has been constantly stolen by greedy-ol Israel year after year, starving Palestinians and sending them further and further into poverty means jackshit. I guess that international irresponcibility and aggression on the part of Israel means nothing, because the international community (read: US) supports Israel. Yeah, maybe the map says one thing, but logic and fair play says an entirely different thing.
I agree with u :D

MaNiElla

HSC
N/A
withoutaface said:
You're as much related to the slaughter of Aboriginals 200 years ago as the average Israeli is to what their army does.
WTH?!?!?! Thats like the craziest thing i've read on any forum, that exists on the net....

S1M0

LOLtheist
HSC
Aryanbeauty said:
Idiot.

Israel never belonged to the Jews in the first place. It was the canaanites who occupied that land in the first place. Then you slaughtered them, and built a city. Then the arabs came, and wiped you out, sending you across the world.

Get your facts straight.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
withoutaface said:
Please do. The only argument you can make against it is that they all did national service, but given it's compulsory, they're hardly providing an endorsement for the acts of the army.

You're living on land that was obtained by bloody warfare, they're living on land that is protected by bloody warfare.
Ok, ok then, that's fine. The day that the Aboriginals make it plainly obvious that they want me out of their country is the day that I'll leave. That doesn't make my point any less valid though, does it? :cool:

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Suppose I steal a loaf of bread from the baker, and my mate steals a ham from the butcher. The butcher walks up to my mate, yells at him, then punches him in the face. The baker, however, knows that he has no CCTV footage or any other evidence of me, so does nothing because a police report will turn to nothing.

Does this mean that what I did in the first place was substantially less wrong than what my mate did? I'm sure if the traditional owners of wherever your house resides thought they could claim back the land through the courts that they'd do so.

nathan71088

HSC
MaNiElla said:
Actually you got your alphabet all mixed up Aryanbeauty!!, Palestine belonged to the arabs first, I greatly advice you to do more reading about the history of palestine before you start posting your theories or acusations. Just incase you didnt know, all the countries such as poland, russia, hungary and all other european countries, kicked the jews out of their land (ever wondered why......i'l tell you why if u wanna, but I'd respect myself and keep my mouth shut), therefore, they migrated to palestine, and killed all its people. If jews didnt cause havoc and problems in Europe, they wouldnt be kicked out of it, before being shipped off to palestine. Also, there isnt a place on the face of earth called "Arabia", I advice you to stop watching disney's "Aladdin" before you you post anything, also make sure that you re-read your posts and check the authenticity of the information you post.
"Palestine belonged to the arabs first", yes but just as your family bought the land where your house is, so did Israel. I understand there is a debate about certain annexed and war-attained areas, but it defiantely wasnt attained by needless slaughter. I'm not talking biblical times either, that is a different debate.

"(ever wondered why......i'l tell you why if u wanna, but I'd respect myself and keep my mouth shut)". Please, this is a free forum, express your thoughts. Why did were the jews 'kicked out" of Poland, Russia, Hungary and going back a bit, England and Spain, you seem to know a good reason. Please share.

"If jews didnt cause havoc and problems in Europe," What problems do you talk of?

"before being shipped off to palestine." Who shipped them to Palestine?

nathan71088

HSC
MaNiElla said:
BUT, if the bloody isralies didnt force themselves in a country that doesnt belong to them, people of palestine would stop killing each other. The israilies have caused severe havoc between both hamas and fatah, and its all their fault that the poor palestinians are killing one another.
The logic does not follow. Even if your propositions about Israel's actions are correct there is no justification for any bloodshed by the Palestinians amongst each other. If I am wronged it DOES NOT give me license to behave in an uncivilised manner. Many people turn up in court pleading their upbringing or provocation in defence of what they did. It doesn't wash.

Of course if you are proposing a conspiracy by the Israelis to incite the situation I do not have information enough to comment.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
nathan71088 said:
just as your family bought the land where your house is, so did Israel.
so the lebanese muslims living in australia have a moral right to half of australia, because they own land in australia?

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
There are far too many lame metaphors in this thread now. I myself went about three posts before using one, so I do indeed blame myself...

Does this mean that what I did in the first place was substantially less wrong than what my mate did? I'm sure if the traditional owners of wherever your house resides thought they could claim back the land through the courts that they'd do so.
As I said, that's fine. If that's what they wish for, then I will happily give up my land for them. For the second time, that doesn't make what I said about this Israel situation any less valid, it simply makes your lame comparisons invalid. If all else fails, just remember that the Jews killed Jesus. "You weren't content with killing Jesus so now you have to kill Christmas too!"</Cartman>

nathan71088

HSC
onebytwo said:
so the lebanese muslims living in australia have a moral right to half of australia, because they own land in australia?
Excuse me, I think everyone on this forum will agree with me that Australia is a multicultural country. You, me, someone from lebanon what ever religious denomination, any Australian citizen has a legal right to Australia. I should hope as an Australian, you agree with this.

Last edited:

ZabZu

HSC
Nebuchanezzar said:
If all else fails, just remember that the Jews killed Jesus. "You weren't content with killing Jesus so now you have to kill Christmas too!"</Cartman>
Dont mention things that happened 2000 years ago whereby history could have been written with bias and an anti-semitic agenda. Historians aren't always truthful and objective. Do you have any proof that the Jews killed Jesus? You are just believing words that have been transmitted through dozens of generations that could be false.

I was taught the Romans killed Jesus. However, as I dont have any proof of this, I am not going to try convince people that is the case.

I know most people believe the Jews killed Jesus but you shouldnt justify hatred of Israel and Jews based on things that happened 2000 years ago.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)