US Journalists' Prison Sentence in North Korea (1 Viewer)

Jessica14

HSC
CNN International said:
Breaking News: U.S. journalists Laura Ling and Euna Lee are each sentenced to 12 years in prison, North Korea's state-run media report.
I think that was inevitable really, that they would be made examples of as the US seeks to return North Korea to the list of countries that support terrorism.

pman

Banned
HSC
If you journerlise in N.K. you are asking for trouble, its like Journerlising in china

Jessica14

HSC
If you journerlise in N.K. you are asking for trouble, its like Journerlising in china
Weren't they in China? They were reporting on defectors from North Korea into China at the border and apparently illegally crossed into North Korean territory. Although, it's possible that I have my information wrong. Details on the case are sketchy. I'm going to find out.

Jessica14

HSC
CNN International said:
The pair was reporting on the plight of North Korean defectors living along the border of China and North Korea when they were taken into custody on March 17.
Wrong side of the border, perhaps? Not that I would say that there's a right side.

Kittikhun

HSC
North Korea is really patting a burning dog. I don't see the sense of how someone can receive 12 years imprisonment for just shooting a story near the border between North Korea and China.

zstar

HSC
N/A
There's a neutral zone near the N Korea-Chinese border that you should never go past.

I wonder if that's what they did.

Either way 12 years in a North Korean Gulag is worse than a death sentence as they'll be repeatedly raped and tortured by the guards.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)