Us marines to be based in darwin: Reports (1 Viewer)

Do you agree with the US setting up a base in Australia?

• Yes

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • No

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • I dont have a brain to say

Votes: 2 10.5%

• Total voters

Garygaz

HSC
i went to his book signing he said 'i wrote the book with dirty indos in mind i just made them speak english so no one was sus'

isn't he a seedy fuck writing about sexual experiences from a woman's pov. john marsden for silverwater jail

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
I don't see any real problem with it. It won't be a large number anyway.
one the US can't afford to keep putting up bases everywhere

Two, it's an invasion of Australian sovereignty and sets an unwanted precedent
I mean this whole thing has been tried before by the Americans and Aussies didn't fucking tolerate it at all. Post WW2 the Americans wanted to set up a permanent base on Australian controlled Manus island (now a province of independent PNG), and we went fucking ape shit and said no.

And now apparently were ok with them having a base on the Australian mainland? wtf has happened to this country, ANZACS would be fucking spewing

Lentern

HSC

I mean this whole thing has been tried before by the Americans and Aussies didn't fucking tolerate it at all. Post WW2 the Americans wanted to set up a permanent base on Australian controlled Manus island (now a province of independent PNG), and we went fucking ape shit and said no.

And now apparently were ok with them having a base on the Australian mainland? wtf has happened to this country, ANZACS would be fucking spewing
You were doing so well until your last sentence. Jingoism is not your colour.

scuba_steve2121

On The Road To Serfdom
HSC
N/A
Jingoism is not patriotism.
I assumed you were using jingoism as another word for patriotism, because nothing about my original post had anything to do with jingoism

also one of these climbed up my leg during the typing of this post

now i have bug bits all on my leg and hand ugh

boris

Banned
HSC

they arent putting a base any where there will be a permanent rotation of ~a regiment of marines at the Darwin base

nothing out of the ordinary at all really

c- trolling

Lentern

HSC
I assumed you were using jingoism as another word for patriotism, because nothing about my original post had anything to do with jingoism

also one of these climbed up my leg during the typing of this post

now i have bug bits all on my leg and hand ugh
the anzacs, gotta stand up for the anzac legacy blah blah blah. That was pretty jingoist.

jinjoism is patriotism as far as i am concerned
What about, to take an historical example, 1965 Indonesia with the army and navy all pretty much lined up behind Suharto but Sukarno still technichally remained the president, the rightful leader of Indonesia as enshrined by the constitution, still extremely popular and still far more demonstrative in his displays of nationalism than Generals Suharto and Nasution?

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
He's achieving everything he's sung about
I have it on good authority he voted against it in cabinet. Incidentally the fact that these sort of votes are now taking place is much the reason Rudd is still yonks from the leadership.

Lentern

HSC
ok so you do think its just patriotism? whatever don't care
They're related but there is obviously a strong military orientation about the ANZAC legacy which is not an essential element to patriotism of nationalism.

EastCoast

HSC
The US has bases in 130 countries around the world. These expansionist policies are going to eat them up from the inside.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)