USB help!! (1 Viewer)

benv

HSC
When I plug a USB pen/memory/flash/key/thumb/...drive into my PC, it doesnt recognise or show up in my computer and the light doesn't flash on the USB...Anyone got any ideas??
I have used 3 different ones and they all work on another computer but none of them work on the problematic computer.
I also noticed that when i plug these drives in at startup the lights come on, its just when XP is loaded... *sighs*

Bacilli

Hypocritical gump
HSC
N/A
what happens when you try a different port on the prob comp? also is this 1.1 or 2.0 usb port?

vds700

HSC
When I plug a USB pen/memory/flash/key/thumb/...drive into my PC, it doesnt recognise or show up in my computer and the light doesn't flash on the USB...Anyone got any ideas??
I have used 3 different ones and they all work on another computer but none of them work on the problematic computer.
I also noticed that when i plug these drives in at startup the lights come on, its just when XP is loaded... *sighs*
sounds like a problem with your USB ports.

Try every port on your computer and sede if that works.

If not, go into the Device Manager (right click on my computer in the start menu and click manage, then click on Device Manager). Right click on your USB ports/hubs and see if it says "this device is working properly". Also try clicking update drivers.

benv

HSC
probably a driver issue, download the latest drivers for the usb's, that might make them work.
Tried this already but i cant get the drivers on the comp...as it doesnt have internet

that often works, dont get a shit generic brand from some dodgy garage sale.
I have 1 imation, 1 Kingston & 1 Toshiba
lol i dont think they are generic

sounds like a problem with your USB ports.

Try every port on your computer and sede if that works.

If not, go into the Device Manager (right click on my computer in the start menu and click manage, then click on Device Manager). Right click on your USB ports/hubs and see if it says "this device is working properly". Also try clicking update drivers.
yeh tried all that but still doesnt seem to be fixing the problem. The device is working properly and everything has a driver but the usb's are still not working.

benv

HSC
The Problem Is Fixed!!! Thanks for all your help!
After i put SP3 on the computer it fixed all the USB issues and everything is working fine...
Very strange though as it normally would recognise a usb
Thanks anyway

shinji

Is in A State Of Trance
HSC
The Problem Is Fixed!!! Thanks for all your help!
After i put SP3 on the computer it fixed all the USB issues and everything is working fine...
Very strange though as it normally would recognise a usb
Thanks anyway
How'd u put SP3 without USB or internet?! O:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)