Use of the word 'racism' (1 Viewer)

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A
Re: the word 'racism'

does he even leave his house? does he know what really is going on, or does he think the whole world is as nice as his mum treats him.

hiphophooray123 said:
one ACCURATE stereotype is the 'lebo' stereotype, and don't try to tell me its not, if you think its not go get out more you stupid 11th grader and 12th grader advanced english (omg im learning about society LOL i know more than people who have learnt the same shit im learning already)
how about the aussie yobbo mt druitt sterotype. Aussies who bludge all day drinking beer on the dole. Thats accurate too.

Comrade nathan

HSC

And you are a communist?
Yeah, so?

Between Stalin, Pol Pot, China etc, communism has killed more people then nationalism, and just because there might not necessarily be racial elements to the communist killing doesn't make it a much better or justified type of killing...
Ok before i even talk about my dislike for Pol Pot, or the inaccuracies on the "deaths cause by communism" let my put things in perspective.

Nationalism has been around since not long after the birth of human civilisation. Communism has been and ideology in existance for maybe 200 years.

No compare the years, and tell me which has had the potentional to kill more people? This is just a basic logic. If you say communism you are just embarrassing yourself.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC

codereder said:
how about the aussie yobbo mt druitt sterotype. Aussies who bludge all day drinking beer on the dole. Thats accurate too.
Well of course stereotypes can be accurate... advertisers utilise stereotypes all the time and it works great for them.

Between Stalin, Pol Pot, China etc, communism has killed more people then nationalism, and just because there might not necessarily be racial elements to the communist killing doesn't make it a much better or justified type of killing...
How utterly retarded... communism and nationalism are not mutually exclusive (i suppose the pure theoretical forms are, but as far as governments you would call communist - no).

davin

HSC
N/A

What would it be like if someone was racist to ME?
Being white, and having assorted racist comments thrown at me over time....its still about seeing it in perspective.

First of all, there's the problem with people that do not understand what the word racist means. I don't mean those that feel something is racist and someone else thing is a genuine criticism, but the people that just don't understand the basics of the word. For example, I have been told that i am "racist against women". If you say something about a nationality, a religion, or a gender, then that, in no way, is a racist statement. it could be bigoted, biased, and prejudiced, but its not racist.

Second, too often its thrown out there too easily....any criticism of any group by a white person is 'racist'. Now yeah, there's some racists out there, but by the same token, sometimes the white person has a valid point, and that racism is an out to avoid having it be discussed just leads to greater problems. It, nazi, and fascist are getting tossed around all over the place now, and it delutes the meaning for when its really neccessary to use and actually fits. Not to mention that often, the people that throw it around most, are those that are of some minority, and hold racist views toward whites. Note i say throw it around most, not any time anyone accuses someone white of being a racist they are a racist.

I'd also agree, anyone that says "i'm not a racist but..." is about to say something taht is probably racist. If it wasn't racist, they'd not need to be defending themselves that quickly because what they say will stand on its own.

davin

HSC
N/A

Comrade nathan said:
Yeah, so?

Ok before i even talk about my dislike for Pol Pot, or the inaccuracies on the "deaths cause by communism" let my put things in perspective.

Nationalism has been around since not long after the birth of human civilisation. Communism has been and ideology in existance for maybe 200 years.

No compare the years, and tell me which has had the potentional to kill more people? This is just a basic logic. If you say communism you are just embarrassing yourself.
i suppose it would be more accurate to look at similar points of time to compare the two, though you should also realise that you're not talking about communism as being 200 years old, communism is a far older concept. you're talking about marxism, and its branches, maoism, stalinsm, etc. Those variants have killed very large numbers.

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC

davin said:
i suppose it would be more accurate to look at similar points of time to compare the two, though you should also realise that you're not talking about communism as being 200 years old, communism is a far older concept. you're talking about marxism, and its branches, maoism, stalinsm, etc. Those variants have killed very large numbers.
Communism is a far older? I guess if we're talking about it in the sense of communism being about the community or whatever... a very vague sense of the word... however I believe works were made about the nation/republic back in ancient rome whereas the communist manifesto was only a recent work.

Maybe you can show me where i'm wrong? :$

SashatheMan

StudyforEver
HSC
N/A

white person sais something about another race = racism
another race saying something about white person = truth

M.I.A-187

HSC

I think pplz should get over that thing about Australian Robbing The Aboriginal off their land. Well imo, that stuff is a straight up military conquest and i think that what happaned so it technically not stolen for the british won it over while the Aboriginal did fought back. Its like the Norman conquest on England, nowadays you don't get pplz from anglo saxon origin going to the english national day and yell "OHHHHH YEAH GO AHEAD CELEBRATE THE DAY YOU STEAL OUR COUNTRY"or the british monarch apologising to them.

They also should be glad that the Australian government atleast give back the holy sites back to the aboriginal with their original name, i already think thats one step ahead of what worst they can treat the aboriginal as.

davin

HSC
N/A

the communist mannifesto wasn't the birth of communism, it was the birth of marxism, there were older forms of communism, so to speak, but they were generally more in the line of communes and groups that people willingly were part of, not the communist regimes we tend to associate with the word today. was just a point of accuracy.
Look at Utopia, by Thomas More, published in 1516, and there's christian communism which is based off some passages of the Bible

like i said, its more with Marxism on that there's an issue, not communism itself, per se.

Comrade nathan

HSC

davin said:
the communist mannifesto wasn't the birth of communism, it was the birth of marxism, there were older forms of communism, so to speak, but they were generally more in the line of communes and groups that people willingly were part of, not the communist regimes we tend to associate with the word today. was just a point of accuracy.
Look at Utopia, by Thomas More, published in 1516, and there's christian communism which is based off some passages of the Bible

like i said, its more with Marxism on that there's an issue, not communism itself, per se.
Yeah you are correct, Marx also said he has no credit in creating Communism, just bringing to light a whole lot about capitalism and the process of human history. Before Marx Communism was Utopian.

Anyway we are not talking about Communism, back on topic.

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC

codereder said:

yes that is accurate too. Were you trying to imply that i have double standards?

Mongke

HSC

unfortunately the world is just such a huge and unbelievably complex place that our little brains have to simplify it with generalisatons. its unfortunate but inexusable to make that a benchmark for discussing a persons actons. motivations are just to complex to make it so simple!!!

sparkl3z

HSC
N/A

baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah. ok, yes motivation, people marry people from different races now! :)

Mongke

HSC

no, there has never been and there never will be a comunist state. forget it, no one, not even the brilliance of Marks could predict or describe how to form one. its not worth arguing over. ppl fight for ideals and along the way forget to stop fighting, u can see it everywere from Zimbabwe to China

MoonlightSonata

Retired
HSC
N/A

M.I.A-187 said:
I think pplz should get over that thing about Australian Robbing The Aboriginal off their land. Well imo, that stuff is a straight up military conquest and i think that what happaned so it technically not stolen for the british won it over while the Aboriginal did fought back. Its like the Norman conquest on England, nowadays you don't get pplz from anglo saxon origin going to the english national day and yell "OHHHHH YEAH GO AHEAD CELEBRATE THE DAY YOU STEAL OUR COUNTRY"or the british monarch apologising to them.
No, it isn't. That analogy is just plain wrong - but funny you mention that example, actually. This is an extract from one of my essays:
... As Patrick Dodson points out, "The sovereign position that Aboriginal peoples assert has never been ceded." While legally that position has been annulled, this is not a group of people who were conquered long ago and who have been assimilated into the population. Aboriginal people are not a body of disgruntled Saxons. Indigenous people are not merely a conquered body – they have been ostracised and kept in a state of social deprivation. Morally their claim to sovereignty has never been relinquished. ...
Hehe.

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC

M.I.A-187 said:

They also should be glad that the Australian government atleast give back the holy sites back to the aboriginal with their original name, i already think thats one step ahead of what worst they can treat the aboriginal as.
Thats funny, i didnt see the Normans getting masacred, having their water supply poisoned, raping of women and children,and pretty much a full on genocidal attack on a race commited back then, i dont see any Normans getting their balls chopped off and scrotum used as a tabacco pouch, i didnt see any attrocities, such as using babies heads os soccer balls commited i didnt see large scale massacres such as the Bell Falls Gorge massacre being commited,
AND THEN THE EVIDENCE OF THESE CRIMES COVERED UP

yeah what a great comparison there fucktard, ill give u a break because you havent started any real history yet [wtf u on this site yet anyways, HSC 2007? you only just finished yr10] but the truth is, the brutality of these crimes in history has only come close a few times [ Americans and indians being one] and all this by a supposed civilised empire...pfft what a fucking joke, they were more barbaric and uncivilised than the peaceful people whose land they took

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)