• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Usher VS Justin (1 Viewer)

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Nick said:
they both make such lowest common denominator music

its like saying mcdonalds is the king of restaurants just cos lots of people eat there
The most intelligent post I've read all day.

They are both shit because they try to conform to a definate stereotype which was crap in the first place, and they never come up with anything original. They should both be dead and some real music with artistic merit should get airplay.

~ForAGoodCause~

always been the easy kill
Can we take a ride? ... get out of this place whil
HSC
Of course Usher .... there is no competition there. I dont know about him as a person, as he seems really up himself, but just putting that aside. He is a GREAT overall entertainer with an awesome voice. His concert in 2003 absolutely went off ... you could not ask for more.
Although his recent music isnt as good as the old stuff.
"Bedtime" .... *swoons* haha

DaRanjed

I actually do like both of them, but without MJ they would be nothing
It's fine for artists to be inspired by others...but not when they try to become them
I agree. They say imitation is the sincerest form of flattery. I'm sick of that saying.
There's a difference between being inspired and COPYING.
Now, MJ was inspired by James Brown and Fred Astaire but he f***** got his own style by the time he was 13.
Justin and Usher are good performers but if they wanna be remembered, they gotta do it their own way.

And really, why would u put urself at risk of turning out like MJ???
Because Michael Jackson is still known and listened to after friggin 40 years as an entertainer.

steph@nie

narcissistic whore.
HSC
the rest of australia decides Latham or Howard, and we decide Usher or Justin.

fantastic!

CharlieB

?uestlove
HSC
jt has nowhere near as much skill as usher. usher, he is soooo talented. no matter what he makes, it has the ability to be another chart-topper....he makes better songs than jt aswell.

DaRanjed

I choose ignorant.

Anyway, we'll see who, Justin or Usher, will be remembered 5 years from now.

nesstar

DaRanjed said:
Because Michael Jackson is still known and listened to after friggin 40 years as an entertainer.
Michael Jackson seems to think the only way he can stay known is bad publicity
I think that's a sad way to be

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
I so wish MJ stopped at Dangerous...his life (music and otherwise) went downhill after that.

I have the MJ Number 1's DVD...I still get goosebumps watching the Beat It 'dance'

back to topic..hmm I like JT, he's more unique, but my gf loves Usher.

SuGa BunI =D

broken doo dooo booo
HSC
well... usher ish more of a man if you know what i mean.. dam he can moves keke

jt.. wel, his voice sounded lk as if another guy ish squizing his balls...so high, girly.. :D

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
CharlieB said:
jt has nowhere near as much skill as usher. usher, he is soooo talented. no matter what he makes, it has the ability to be another chart-topper....he makes better songs than jt aswell.
Yes, everything he makes can and will be a chart topper. This is because charts do not reveal (shock, horror) talent, they reveal how much somebody is willing to sacrifice their artistic merit in order to conform to a stereotype which the moronic public have drilled into their heads by commercial radio stations and mtv, and they will hence buy the music because they are ignorant, and have little to no knowledge of real music.

Anyone who thinks that the number of records you sell reflects your talent is a fucking dimwit. Who has sold more records, Blink 182 or Steve Vai? The answer is blink 182. Does this mean that Tom DeLonge is a more talented guitarist than Steve Vai? Fuck no. It just shows that he has the ability to write simple riffs that appeal to a general public of simpletons who like the music because it is catchy. Which artist has maintained their integrity? Without a doubt the answer is Steve Vai.

And as for Usher, OGM HE CAN DANCE!!! KEKEKE. Anyone can fucking dance, and he probably has his bloody moves choreographed for him. Can he write and play a purely instrumental masterpiece? No. Is he talented? No. Should you people get out there and buy some real music so you don't appear stupid? Yes.

I would type more, but I'm too tired and I feel this is rantish enough as it is. I also apologise to those who I told I would not do this, because they listen to such music, but I felt a moral obligation to post. Thankyou and goodnight.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
withoutaface said:
The most intelligent post I've read all day.

They are both shit because they try to conform to a definate stereotype which was crap in the first place, and they never come up with anything original. They should both be dead and some real music with artistic merit should get airplay.
I agree, they both suck. all they do is thrust their crutches at the camera and go 'uh uh' a lot.

funniboi

HSC
cherryblossom said:
I agree, they both suck. all they do is thrust their crutches at the camera and go 'uh uh' a lot.

don't girls like that?

..... and here i was taking lessons. :(

^___ShabS___^

i like both ... but USHER is better ...
reasons:
- better songs
- better body
- better taste (in everything)
- like suga buni said .. "he is more of a man, if u know what i mean" ..
- not a try hard (jt tries hard acting black)
- unique (unlike many other black artists, not a 'bad boy' etc)
- more mature (doesn't matter which one's the eldest)
- more passionate about his career
- personlity wise: i think both have good personalities .. but usher.. slightly better (dont know why)

u should've made a poll DaRanged

Last edited by a moderator:

babydoll_

wat
HSC
N/A
they both suck

if i had a choice between the two i would shoot myself or turn gay

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)