• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

using bitorrents (1 Viewer)

^___^
HSC
Vangineer said:
downloading torrents is illegal, if u take that the majority of people use it to download copyrighted stuff. If u want to download official freebies / free stuff, direct downloads from that particular website is way faster. I dont think people use BT to download the legal shit

thats what you think :)

Vangineer

Treehugger
HSC
Oh k ...

So im assuming ur DL all the legal stuffs. Like windows patches, linux stuff thru BT huh

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Vangineer said:
downloading torrents is illegal, if u take that the majority of people use it to download copyrighted stuff.
The fact that a majority use a program for illegal means does not make the program or the act of using it for legitimate purposes, illegal.

SoCal

Hollywood
HSC
Arvin Sloane said:
Prove it.
-----
I don't have any sources if that is what you are asking for but it is well know that it is the case. There are only four or so legal torrent trackers that I know of versus more than one hundred illegal trackers. Are you trying to deny that it is the case:)?

MedNez

:o>---<
HSC
N/A
Arvin Sloane said:
Prove it.
-----
http://www.firstadopter.com/fa/archives/000382.html
http://blogs.pcworld.com/staffblog/archives/000310.html

I do not offer this as 'proof' mind you, because I don't believe with current technology that one can prove beyond reasonable doubt what bittorrent is used for without monitoring every single tracker in the world.

I simply point out that BT has been noted (how accurate these figures are remains to be seen) to use around ~30% of all Internet traffic. And I think it's a safe assuming at least 80% of that would be copyrighted files, which is what most of the main search engines and hubs offer.

Last edited:

sladehk

le random
HSC
BitTorrent is a tool. It's just like a knife. You can use it to cut food cut into smaller pieces or you can use it to stab/injure/kill people. The same appleis to BitTorrent

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)