Using multiple textbooks? (1 Viewer)

qianjixin

HSC
Is it practical or helpful to use multiple textbooks and for which subjects is it best to do so?

Also, is it necessary in year 11?

OzKo

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Never needed multiple textbooks myself back in the day but I suppose it depends on the subject.

asdfqwerty

HSC
Use multiple textbooks for science (Chem, Phys, Bio)- some will help you because they all go into different lengths and there are various parts which are explained in one textbook that isn't in the other. Also, it will benefit you if textbooks contradict each other because then you are forced to do more research and get the information clarified to ensure that the details are correct.

such_such

HSC
Use multiple textbooks for science (Chem, Phys, Bio)- some will help you because they all go into different lengths and there are various parts which are explained in one textbook that isn't in the other. Also, it will benefit you if textbooks contradict each other because then you are forced to do more research and get the information clarified to ensure that the details are correct.
+1

Kimyia

HSC
Uni Grad
+2

Nope

HSC
Well, even in Social Science textbooks I like having 2 since you could see the different ways the information is expressed, and it might give you more points for your work.

findx

HSC
Multiple textbooks allows you to get a second perspective on the information expressed

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)