USYD Arts/Law (1 Viewer)

Mikkx

HSC
Hello,

I wanted to do a combined arts/law degree in USYD (i'm still in high school), and the ATAR required this year is 99.65, which i might say .. is slightly unachievable for me

I heard there are other ways of getting into this particular course or something of the sort, but i'm not sure how that works so
if anyone could fill me in on it, it would be very helpful

also, if you have opinions on this degree or is currently or previously have undertaken it and have some bits of information or advice you are able to share, please do so :)

thank you !!

HSC
N/A
do the same course at a different university,
get your GPA to D or HD,
then transfer into 2nd year.

low - D if you atar is 97+, high - d or HD if your atar isn't anywhere near that. (which is me lol)

Mikkx

HSC
Are there any other alternatives ? I would prefer usyd so much more than the other unuversities and really want to go there

could i say, get into arts first and then in the 2nd year go into a combined law degree ?
If so , how does it work -____-

thanks so much

HSC
N/A

izzy88

HSC
Are there any other alternatives ? I would prefer usyd so much more than the other unuversities and really want to go there

could i say, get into arts first and then in the 2nd year go into a combined law degree ?
If so , how does it work -____-

thanks so much
yes- you can starts an arts degree at USYD then transfer into combined law in second year. It is generally suggested that you need a UAI above 95 and a Distinction average to transfer (however I have heard that in actual fact it might be quite a bit higher than this- ie. UAI around 97-98 in order to compete with everyone that may be wanting to transfer).

The link in the above post should give you all the information.
The other alternative is to just do an arts degree and then apply for the JD afterwards- this would more rely on your WAM/average uni marks rather than UAI.

edit: opps, replace 'UAI' with 'ATAR' whenever needed.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)