USYD Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Librah

Not_the_pad
HSC
Any1 done CHEM2915 can gimme some pointers on how to maximise marks for lab reports/SSP assignments, greatly appreciate it

Last edited:

pokka

d'ohnuts
HSC
Ok that sounds pretty good since I was more worried about the time series half with the labs. I've touched very slightly on stochastic processes and find them okay.

Also one last quick question if you don't mind, with both 2911/3911 is it hard to get good marks? Because even though the content isn't incredibly hard, I've heard horror stories from friends about their final marks. I have friends who were getting HD's in 2961 etc but in the 50's for 2911.
Personally found 2911 harder than 3911 because it's more content/more theoretical. I think it's harder to get marks in 2911 than 3911 but I guess it depends on the person.

J18134

HSC
You can edit timetables now.

Its a pretty bad new system though. Rather than saying all your classes if you have more than one it just says "there are multiple classes at this time".

Amleops

Perpetual Student
HSC
You can click the red boxes and it gives you the classes, but yeah, I don't get why they did that. I have two triple clashes so that's a pretty decent chunk of my contact hours I can't view straight away haha.

Fortunately I've made my own copy of my timetable so all is good :).

pHyRe

HSC
You can edit timetables now.

Its a pretty bad new system though. Rather than saying all your classes if you have more than one it just says "there are multiple classes at this time".
what do you mean?? i quite like it. the layout is nice, graphics are good, its a week earlier than normal which is perfect for me to pick my classes and organise work.

the usual pick when you want free is there which works fine for me; i just picked the 2 days i wanted free for work, moved a couple of other things around so i had nice tute rooms and done

but yeah the multiple classes on is a tiny bit annoying. makes sense though, and you can just click on it and it shows you whats there.

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
Hey guys, would I be alright if I skipped a MATH1902 lecture once a week, and listened to it online? (I've heard that listening to maths lectures [instead of attending] isn't ideal because maths is best learnt in a visual format, but I feel like, surely it wouldn't be too hard to follow along with a textbook. I mean, I learnt like 99% of HSC 4U maths simply from reading a textbook)

pHyRe

HSC
Hey guys, would I be alright if I skipped a MATH1902 lecture once a week, and listened to it online? (I've heard that listening to maths lectures [instead of attending] isn't ideal because maths is best learnt in a visual format, but I feel like, surely it wouldn't be too hard to follow along with a textbook. I mean, I learnt like 99% of HSC 4U maths simply from reading a textbook)
im assuming youve got dullin. in which case yes that is definitely okay haha

i never went to any 1901/03 lectures or watched online and got a D. im not amazing at maths either but you just have to be doing those tute questions and looking over notes they put up. going lectures would probably help get you to that near HD mark category but at 8am...i have sleep to be doing

porcupinetree

not actually a porcupine
HSC
im assuming youve got dullin. in which case yes that is definitely okay haha

i never went to any 1901/03 lectures or watched online and got a D. im not amazing at maths either but you just have to be doing those tute questions and looking over notes they put up. going lectures would probably help get you to that near HD mark category but at 8am...i have sleep to be doing
Thanks. I might also consider skipping my Thursday/Friday 1901/SSP 8am lectures, given how early I'd have to wake up (especially seeing as I live so far away from the city)

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
QUICK O WEEK FREEBIE GUIDE, SOMEONE! Gonna go tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)