USYD - combined medicine (1 Viewer)

nottellingu

HSC
Hey guys was just wondering if anyone out there applied for usyd's combined med program and what ud like to combine with. They now offer combinations with commerce and economics lol.

And do you know of anyone that got in with less than 99.95 ? I dont see how its possible to fill up 10-15 places all with 99.95 and above. Surely not that many people with a 100 or 99.95 want to do med ? Ive also heard about usyd inflating all their uai's so they can look prestegious.

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
nottellingu said:
Hey guys was just wondering if anyone out there applied for usyd's combined med program and what ud like to combine with. They now offer combinations with commerce and economics lol.

And do you know of anyone that got in with less than 99.95 ? I dont see how its possible to fill up 10-15 places all with 99.95 and above. Surely not that many people with a 100 or 99.95 want to do med ? Ive also heard about usyd inflating all their uai's so they can look prestegious.
Ssglain is in this program however she recieved 99.95.

Sci (ADV)/MBBS and Med Sci/MBBS are 99.95+, the others such as BA(Adv)/MBBS, B Music/MBBS, BCom./MBBS, B.Ec/MBBS etc are in the high 99 depending on the range on the applicants. There were only 6 places last year, that's why the cut-off was so high. I think their will be less than 15 or so places this year, im not to sure.

All the prestigious courses such as law, provisional medicine, vet. sci, etc aren't inflated.

Zephyrio

HSC
I applied! BA/MBBS.

But I doubt I'd be going, if I got a choice between UNSW and USYD. I want to do med straight away, not wait...

MysticalElement

Troll Slayer
HSC
Wooz said:
Ssglain is in this program however she recieved 99.95.

Sci (ADV)/MBBS and Med Sci/MBBS are 99.95+, the others such as BA(Adv)/MBBS, B Music/MBBS, BCom./MBBS, B.Ec/MBBS etc are in the high 99 depending on the range on the applicants. There were only 6 places last year, that's why the cut-off was so high. I think their will be less than 15 or so places this year, im not to sure.

All the prestigious courses such as law, provisional medicine, vet. sci, etc aren't inflated.

sophie is a machine (H):cool:

nottellingu

HSC
Yer they are starting combinations with commerce and eco lol. But that must mean more places availible = lower uai cut off ? plzzz :)

I think the 99.95 is quiet silly, i dont see much difference between a person with 99.85, its just a matter of luck

ssglain is a tank lol

Wooz

^wooz*y^
HSC
nottellingu said:
Yer they are starting combinations with commerce and eco lol. But that must mean more places availible = lower uai cut off ? plzzz :)

I think the 99.95 is quiet silly, i dont see much difference between a person with 99.85, its just a matter of luck

ssglain is a tank lol
The new courses should have lower cut-off's like what BA(Adv)/MBBS and B.Mus/MBBS had. Around 99.65+ was the lowest i've head it was, but again it all depends on the applicants.

sc116

HSC
N/A
what about the music/medicine course???

adnan91

HSC
what how is there medicine for usyd? there is no undergraduate medicine at usyd is there?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)