USyd Commerce (Dalyell) or UNSW BCom/BIS? Help (1 Viewer)

yellowmelon

HSC
Hello!

I am stuck between putting USyd BCom/Bachelor Advanced Studies (Dalyell) and UNSW Bcom/BIS as my first preference. I'm not sure which one I should choose yet so I want to be offered both and deliberate later.My ATAR is probably going to be a high 98 so I should comfortably get into both. Does anyone know if either of these have very limited positions/ATAR requirements will rise too high for me ? Or anything else I should know before choosing? Thank you :))

piethepker

HSC
N/A
At USYD, the Dalyell students will be getting tutoring by a mentor who achieved a 75+ WAM. This basically means you'll be put into groups of 6-8 and have talks with a mentor about how to achieve academically/career goals or whatever.

UNSW do have some different commerce majors. See if any of those appeal to you.

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
At USYD, the Dalyell students will be getting tutoring by a mentor who achieved a 75+ WAM. This basically means you'll be put into groups of 6-8 and have talks with a mentor about how to achieve academically/career goals or whatever.

UNSW do have some different commerce majors. See if any of those appeal to you.
I don't think that is the be-all and end-all. You could find similar resources at UNSW, whether it be through peer mentoring or the careers office. To my understanding, UNSW has more careers events than USYD.

OP. There's a big difference between advanced science and BIS, so primarily choose your uni based on your study path

yellowmelon

HSC
I wouldn't mind semesters/trimesters :) And im around 10-15 mins closer to usyd

unforlornedhope

HSC
N/A
I would choose USYD since Dayell scholars is a scholarship program and it’s prestigious and good for your CV. Whereas UNSW BCom/BIS is just an ordinary degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
I would choose USYD since Dayell scholars is a scholarship program and it’s prestigious and good for your CV. Whereas UNSW BCom/BIS is just an ordinary degree.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't think its going to bump your CV up that much to be a significant factor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)