USYD commerce vs UNSW commerce PLEASE also consider my travel convenience. (1 Viewer)

sghguos

HSC
N/A
USyd
40min train ride + walk from redfern

UNSW
52min train ride + 20min bus ride + very short walk

Going to major in "Finance" and "Accounting".

I know that UNSW is a bit better than Usyd in commerce but I wanted to know if its worth the extra time travel..

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Yes, yes it is. Considering that traversing USyd is quite a task in itself - while UNSW is more compact and you can make your timetable to minimise your walking.

sghguos

HSC
N/A
Yes, yes it is. Considering that traversing USyd is quite a task in itself - while UNSW is more compact and you can make your timetable to minimise your walking.
Which uni has more flexible time table?

Can you make your timetable at USYD to make it all in 2 days???

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
I don't know how USyd makes their timetables, as I understand it - you wait in line in person to enrol.

Meanwhile, I enrolled for this semester on the train home after a friend's birthday dinner at around midnight. dat unsw online enrolment

sghguos

HSC
N/A
I don't know how USyd makes their timetables, as I understand it - you wait in line in person to enrol.

Meanwhile, I enrolled for this semester on the train home after a friend's birthday dinner at around midnight. dat unsw online enrolment
Is the employment prospects better at UNSW?

runnable

HSC
Is the employment prospects better at UNSW?
Better for the top jobs in Commerce.

Go for UNSW. You'll fit classes into 3 days so you'll travel less overall. USyd timetabling is very inflexible.

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
agreed with the comments.. timetabling at usyd is so inflexible (it's online but it depends on supply/demand).

I personally wouldn't recommend usyd unless:
- you're not working
- you don't mind if your sexy 2-3 timetable becomes void because of some stupid reason and you end up going to uni 4-5 days/wk
- if you're studying com, you'll be doing useless core units like BUSS1001 and BUSS1002. i believe the equivalent uni at UNSW is MGMT, but at least they only do 1 of these units

I actually thought about transferring from usyd to unsw but I wouldn't be getting full credit and I'm accustomed to usyd so I chose to just stay at usyd. a major positive re: studying at usyd is you don't have to go to central to get on another bus. you just get off at redfern and walk 10 mins to usyd (and it's not built on a hill).

inJust

HSC
agreed with the comments.. timetabling at usyd is so inflexible (it's online but it depends on supply/demand).

I personally wouldn't recommend usyd unless:
- you're not working
- you don't mind if your sexy 2-3 timetable becomes void because of some stupid reason and you end up going to uni 4-5 days/wk
- if you're studying com, you'll be doing useless core units like BUSS1001 and BUSS1002. i believe the equivalent uni at UNSW is MGMT, but at least they only do 1 of these units

I actually thought about transferring from usyd to unsw but I wouldn't be getting full credit and I'm accustomed to usyd so I chose to just stay at usyd. a major positive re: studying at usyd is you don't have to go to central to get on another bus. you just get off at redfern and walk 10 mins to usyd (and it's not built on a hill).
Get out of your comfort zone and do it.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
USyd
40min train ride + walk from redfern

UNSW
52min train ride + 20min bus ride + very short walk

Going to major in "Finance" and "Accounting".

I know that UNSW is a bit better than Usyd in commerce but I wanted to know if its worth the extra time travel..
yeh dood no way it takes 12 minutes to get from redfern to central

VIPPER

Aiiiiiiiii
HSC
if you're taking into account travel, i wouldn't recommend unsw.

travelling to usyd is a bitch for me (and it takes roughly 40~ mins). gotta wake up at 6:30 am for a 9am lecture at ushyd. not pretty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)