• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

usyd enrolment (1 Viewer)

konkzz

HSC
1h, and got everything done.
Awesome ! Did you go right on time to enrol (as listed on the site) or before ? If before, how many minutes/hours before ?

So, you have your student ID already ?=D

.deimonic

HSC
took me 3 hours to enrol but that was because i was unsure of which units to pick.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
konkzz said:
Awesome ! Did you go right on time to enrol (as listed on the site) or before ? If before, how many minutes/hours before ?

So, you have your student ID already ?=D
I came 20-30 minutes before I was supposed to (with Combined Law) and I came prepared with what units of study I wanted to do, so that saved a lot of time. Most of the enrolment forms just consisted of you checking if your details were correct.

And yeah, student ID from Fisher Library :)

konkzz

HSC
Any advice on how I could spend as little time possible on enrolment ? I'm enrolling for engineering (Civil)/commerce and I have no idea what units I should choose. Though, I heard that the timetable and units for civil engineering is fixed for the first year. Oh, and I don't know whether I should take Advanced engineering.

rasengan90

HSC
Is the Student ID the same as the Access card, or do we have to get that somewhere else at another time?

engineering

HSC
N/A
Any advice on how I could spend as little time possible on enrolment ? I'm enrolling for engineering (Civil)/commerce and I have no idea what units I should choose. Though, I heard that the timetable and units for civil engineering is fixed for the first year. Oh, and I don't know whether I should take Advanced engineering.
As a first year BE/BCom Civil your first year is fixed: What units of study should I choose? - Civil Engineering - The University of Sydney

All students are required to speak to an acedmic advisor to approve the enrolment and check issues such as assumed knowledge in maths and science. You can speak to the advisor at that time about advanced Engg.

konkzz

HSC
I'm enrolled in Advanced Mathematics. Just wondering what is the justice of doing this over standard math ? And, can i drop it after one semester ?

jtyler

HSC
'What is the justice'? Don't really know what you're asking, but the standard level maths courses are really rather pedestrian - they teach you to use maths rather than about maths, if that makes sense. Everything's covered in more detail in the advanced units, with more mathematical rigour, and results are proven where possible.

savio23q

Band
HSC
Yes, they're the 'core'/compulsory units for Commerce. I picked all of them plus Commercial Law (coz you need 8)
Accounting 1A - Sem 1
Accounting 1B - sem 2
Microeconomics - Sem 1
Macroeconomics - Sem 2

The rest you can pick which order they go in.

konkzz

HSC
What I meant was, why would I choose a more rigorous subject when I'll end up with the same degree anyways ?

Would much more difficult would you say Advanced Maths is compared to the standard, if I did Maths Ext 1 and 2 for the HSC ?

Advanced Mathematics just scares the hell out of me that's all.

nick1689

HSC
So I enrolled today, transferred from B. Social Sciences to B. Economics and Social Sciences, and I got credit and everything from the arts faculty for my first year, but I completely forgot about un-enroling from my old degree. Am I un-enrolled automatically if I get credit transferred, or even by enrolling in my new degree, or did I actually have to tell them I still have to un-enrol?

If I go into myadmin it shows that Im enrolled in both of the degrees...

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
nah you have to unenrol. I just used that form that they send everyone in the mail to do it. Took it in and everything was good.

Your old degree will appear on myuni (as discontinued courses) but you won't be charged or fail any subjects.

nick1689

HSC
nah you have to unenrol. I just used that form that they send everyone in the mail to do it. Took it in and everything was good.

Your old degree will appear on myuni (as discontinued courses) but you won't be charged or fail any subjects.

Shit, that means im gonna have to make another trip back in.. AH well. But thanks

And does anyone know, with crosslisting, is it that you can crosslist 18 units per major or is it per degree? And do you have to notify them that you are crosslisting a unit, or do they just kind of work it out themselves or something?

spence

HSC
Shit, that means im gonna have to make another trip back in.. AH well. But thanks

And does anyone know, with crosslisting, is it that you can crosslist 18 units per major or is it per degree? And do you have to notify them that you are crosslisting a unit, or do they just kind of work it out themselves or something?
Pretty sure its 18 per major, at least thats the impression i got. Not sure whether you have to notify, but I'd guess you do

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Did a proxy enrolment for my sister today. Amazing how many people just rocked up unprepared. At least try to sort out your subjects beforehand, otherwise you'll be sitting there at enrolment for hours working it out.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

You can withdraw up until the census date. Hence, wait until O-week or the first week of uni.

That's what I am going to do anyway.

Please someone tell me if this is not the case.

Kujah

HSC
N/A
Did a proxy enrolment for my sister today. Amazing how many people just rocked up unprepared. At least try to sort out your subjects beforehand, otherwise you'll be sitting there at enrolment for hours working it out.
Yeah, saw a lot of confused people at MacLaurin Hall with their handbook and just flicking to choose their electives on the spot. Though, they do have the chance to actually change it later on, don't they?

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Yes, the enrolment variations system should be up in about 2 weeks.

Last day to add a unit: Friday 13 March
Last day to withdraw from a unit: Tuesday 31 March

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)