USYD or UNSW Law? (1 Viewer)

dunnoyeah

HSC
^as above.

For UNSW I got to apply through Gateway and can apparently receive a $10k scholarship for my first year. They also offer more options for the second major of the double degree, including one that I am interested in (Bachelor of PPE).

On the flip side, I've heard that USyd law is more 'prestigious'. More of my friends are also going to USyd as well.

I'd really appreciate some advice from both Law students and uni students in general, as I'm also curious about the social aspect of these two unis. Which one has more cocurricular activities? Better social life? etc :)

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
you are getting money from unsw and not from usyd, would incline me to choose unsw. It also seems like you are more wanting to go to unsw for what it offers and only incentive for usyd is 'prestige' and friends.

The 'prestigous' factor is minimal between usyd and unsw amongst the profession

ExtremelyBoredUser

Bored Uni Student
HSC
you are getting money from unsw and not from usyd, would incline me to choose unsw. It also seems like you are more wanting to go to unsw for what it offers and only incentive for usyd is 'prestige' and friends.

The 'prestigous' factor is minimal between usyd and unsw amongst the profession
Imagine one day explaining to someone you chose to forgo 10k due to "prestige" for a split between fkin UNSW and USYD, biggest disrespect to UNSW LOL.

OP you're out of your mind if you choose USYD for "prestige" or in matter any uni for "prestige", you should choose USYD if you feel that it will be more relevant for your career path, provides you more opportunities, shorter commuting times etc. They're both good unis and you'll probably work just as hard in both of em. Ignoring all other factors, I'd take UNSW.

year10studentpreparin

HSC
Go to UNSW and take the 10k then buy urself an omega watch or something

plus there is minimal difference but for arts and architecture id go USYD but for law id probs go unsw if they offer me 10k plus theres like minimal diff

mmmmmmmmaaaaaaa

HSC
Go to UNSW and take the 10k then buy urself an omega watch or something

plus there is minimal difference but for arts and architecture id go USYD but for law id probs go unsw if they offer me 10k plus theres like minimal diff
Why would you waste the 10k like that? Although Omega watches are nice + there's basically only the aqua terra under 10k. L take, spend/save the money wisely

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)