USYD - snobbery? (1 Viewer)

lala2

Banned
HSC
^^Aww, that's mean! Remember to choose a uni based on the course, not a course based on the uni. Yes, aesthetics is important, and so is the social life and of course the practicalities like living costs if you're going to be living away from home, or even just transport costs, but I know that, even if I wasn't in my current course, I would've ended up at USYD because it was the best known for all of the degrees I was considering.

UWS is not shit otherwise it wouldn't still be open. Someone from my school (talking the archetypal private, North Shore, girls' school) is studying business there, and, leaving academics aside, if a North Shore girl can go to UWS, well why then can't people from Western Sydney who are "not snobs" come to USYD? Same principle.

Trust me, there are enough normal people at USYD.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
many shit unis are open, as long as there is demand, and there always will be.

kokodamonkey

HSC
u went shit? hahaha i havent heard of that one. i liked University of Wasted Space but i think U Went Shit sounds much better! Im looking forward to the sydney openday btw on the 25th. and im going to the unsw one on the 1st of sept. what annoys me is like all the uni open days are around the same day.. i.e. i want to go to maq uni open day but its same day as unsw so thatdd be a bit of a headache!

HSC
I still can't get over the whole 'U Went Shit'. I know I shouldn't say this, but I always look down upon UWS. I'm usually not such a snob. Haha. Everytime my train passes the Parramatta campus, I feel so much better cos I go to sexy&sandstoned USYD. :rofl:

<3USYD.

Last edited:

xoa

HSC
Those snobby arts students will be snobby long-term centrelink recipients in a few years' time.

taco man

don't know don't care
HSC
nah arts students are generally pretty laid back and open minded its those law students u needa worry about :uhoh:

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
xoa said:
Those snobby arts students will be snobby long-term centrelink recipients in a few years' time.
Plus they'll have a detailed knowledge of world history. That's bound to be useful, right?

spiderpig333

first year B.A.
HSC
I'm an arts student and I'm really shy and scared of people, so I'm the opposite of that stereotype. But from experience of friends, PHIL, GOVT and ENG are really snobby especially mature age students apparently really dominate and try to put everyone else's views down.
But I did history and ECOP and there everyone is nice and regular, there was a nice atmosphere even though we didn't know each other we chatted and it was good. So it depends on the subject.

HSC
N/A
I'm an arts student and I'm really shy and scared of people, so I'm the opposite of that stereotype. But from experience of friends, PHIL, GOVT and ENG are really snobby especially mature age students apparently really dominate and try to put everyone else's views down.
But I did history and ECOP and there everyone is nice and regular, there was a nice atmosphere even though we didn't know each other we chatted and it was good. So it depends on the subject.
way to bump an old thread hehe =)
so why are you scared of people?

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
so are you at USYD?
naturally.

I'm a psychology student who spends the majority of my time debating politics, applying Freudian theories to acquaintances, playing bridge, pondering the influence of gender constructs in limiting the scope of biological studies and accosting anyone who comes too near with my opinions on life, the universe and everything. Either that, or snubbing them.

Shall I assume you, too, attend this fine place of education and debauchery?

HSC
N/A
naturally.

I'm a psychology student who spends the majority of my time debating politics, applying Freudian theories to acquaintances, playing bridge, pondering the influence of gender constructs in limiting the scope of biological studies and accosting anyone who comes too near with my opinions on life, the universe and everything. Either that, or snubbing them.

Shall I assume you, too, attend this fine place of education and debauchery?
I also like to debate politics, apply Freudian theories (big fan of Frasier), and give my opinions of life, religion and everything else.

But alas I go to UWS..

hopefully one day i will be able to transfer to USYD ;).

I would of pegged you as a Jungian.

Last edited:

Blue Suede

a bedroom philosopher
HSC
I also like to debate politics, apply Freudian theories (big fan of Frasier), and give my opinions of life, religion and everything else.

But alas I go to UWS..

hopefully one day i will be able to transfer to USYD ;).

I would of pegged you as a Jungian.
Jung and Freud have quite a number of similarities, at what point would you mark the main difference?

Did I mention my love of blowing things up in the chem labs and stealing fire extinguishers? yes, we're quite the snobby bunch here.

What is it you study Mr IAmANumber?

wonsta

HSC
^^Aww, that's mean! Remember to choose a uni based on the course, not a course based on the uni. Yes, aesthetics is important, and so is the social life and of course the practicalities like living costs if you're going to be living away from home, or even just transport costs, but I know that, even if I wasn't in my current course, I would've ended up at USYD because it was the best known for all of the degrees I was considering.

UWS is not shit otherwise it wouldn't still be open. Someone from my school (talking the archetypal private, North Shore, girls' school) is studying business there, and, leaving academics aside, if a North Shore girl can go to UWS, well why then can't people from Western Sydney who are "not snobs" come to USYD? Same principle.

Trust me, there are enough normal people at USYD.
ha someone from north shore girs talking about snobs funny

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)