USYD/UTS Open Day 26/8/06 Roll Call (1 Viewer)

Boots Riley

HSC
I attended. I am never really good at these things - I basically just walked around, picked up some brochures.. didn't talk to many people. Haha.

UTS is ugly. The people I talked to were nice.

Notre Dame looks very nice. People were also especially nice.

Sydney was big, and there were too many people. Too bad an undergraduate Arts information talk was on at the same time as Dr. Karl! :|

hiphophooray123

Twisted firestarter
HSC
bobness said:
well there is that stereotype that usyd is conservative and arrogant.

you'll just have to live with that then.

i don't mind it. i think if i was as well-connected and intelligent as some of them i'd probably be a bit pretentious too.

and if you have that much of a problem there's always uws pfft

we aren't conservative :(

aileenli

HSC
lilkiwicutie - didn't u apply for accounting cadetships? i tried for accounting at uts but was rejected :( - ah well plenty of other courses out there.

i really like usyd...so pwetty wif its gwadens and woses...i think the do it on purpose - as in 'our uni has extremely high uai requirements, so why don't u come on the open day and see our beautiful building that u will never belong to.'

i only spent like 10 mins in usyd coz all the courses that i wanted to do were like 99+ arghhh i really hope i get into uts though, ugly phallic building and all....

"Chubby"

HSC
it was good as a day out..

it was alright if u wanted to know more about the courses.......most of the stuff just came frm the brouchers/booklets.....

i saw a group of 4/5 boys and girls wearing white boredofstudies t-shirts....

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Chubby said:
i saw a group of 4/5 boys and girls wearing white boredofstudies t-shirts....
Then you should have said hi! :p
UnIqUe_PrInCeSs said:
were they hot?
Yep. ;)

I went to Usyd last year and there were so many science lectures that I ended up hanging around UTS. I must agree that the service was excellent and heaps of free stuff plus food/drinks.

HSC
haha lol yea the free stuff was way better at UTS than at USYD, syd just felt too big with too many ppl, UTS felt more welcoming lol

JaredR

Save Sderot
HSC
I saw the Australian Lebanese thing in the Quadrangle. Didn't end up finding the Israeli one. :( Joking. :|

lala2

Banned
HSC
Was at pharmacy stall from 12-2, lol it's funny (and tiring) that I had to keep repeating myself: 'cutoff was 95.95, STAT score of 150/200'--I swear it'll be burnt into my mind until next year's Open Day, when the cutoffs would've changed by then. What made it even more ironic was because it was the cutoff determined by my year. If anyone came during then, I was the Chinese girl with glasses (not that there was much else--everyone else were staff)

EDIT: Bumped into my friend from Engineering--she was pumping up and handing out balloons and was leaving just as I arrived. Couldn't stay :( because of trackwork from Strathfield to Hornsby as she'd have to catch a bus home which would double travelling time normally spent by train.

Last edited:

priesty

formerly wm_abusef
HSC
Bookie said:
i got an apple stamp and didnt claim the free songs card :(
i got song card, entered that comp to get a free ipod and also went to the BoS stall and met the awesome crew :) yay!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)