Usyd V Unsw (1 Viewer)

bradc1988

HSC
ioniser said:
their bad empolyment rate its something of about avearge of about 40 to 65 percent percent,quite often usyd grads go into the fiance industry as aerounautical,mechatronics etc has a very small industry in australia
:worried:

I was thinking of going to the US or somewhere anyway, but I would like to start here...

:worried:

Last edited:

dddman

Banned
HSC
phrred said:
ur an idiot and ur file is shit too

your too fucking stupid to fall for the lies of all unis where u take the stats of uni rankings (which are vastly based on research) the fact that my stats prove that unsw ungrades is by far the most stupid uni to go to proves it, and for 06 stats ill prove u....again as uve been last in lob stats since day one. pfft i thought uws engineering was really shit at getting a job i was mistaken when the engineers association expose ur freud uni.

that fact that ur to arrogant to accept the truth of what ur uni does prove that u have the attitude for it, being the university of narcissistic super wankers

drewbrow1

(Ninja)
HSC
You didn't get in, right? Or you got kicked out? Your girlfriend dumped you for some unsw eng student? Gotta be some reason you're so bitter about it.

I think unsw eng is just fine after three semesters of studying there. I'd rather form my own opinions about it after studying there rather than reading about how bad it is in some magazine.

dddman

Banned
HSC
drewbrow1 said:
You didn't get in, right? Or you got kicked out? Your girlfriend dumped you for some unsw eng student? Gotta be some reason you're so bitter about it.

I think unsw eng is just fine after three semesters of studying there. I'd rather form my own opinions about it after studying there rather than reading about how bad it is in some magazine.

heh i got 86.45 uai, i put unsw after UOW and i had early entry after when i did my own research into the uni after a mate at unsw told me all the shit that goes on and i picked uts as i was wise enough to look for the stats they dont tell u as unis are like political parties, u know their adds on tv say shit but does it back up from behind the curtain and it sure as hell doesn't hence forth y i get the shits from ppl thinking its good when its not. UNSW is only good for postgraduate study not undergraduate.

i picked uts at the end and im happy for it all my mates who picked unsw engineerign are now suffering for it :D

dddman

Banned
HSC
velox said:
Do you speak english?
do you seek such uncreativity as people cbf writing out the spelling mistakes why don't you just get aids and die, fucking stupid faggot; typical example of such failure in life, hasn't got shit to say other than 4 words, pfft please your attempts at paying people out are more shittier than Indonesian legal system.

Tuna

HSC
N/A
Why are you comparing an Engineering degree whether if it is from either Unsw or Usyd. To be honest, in order to get your engineering degree valued, you need to go to England.....Everyone in Mechanical, Space, Mechatronics field there describe that an Engineer in Australia does not have adequate resources to turn their creativity into real products.

phrred

HSC
Tuna said:
Why are you comparing an Engineering degree whether if it is from either Unsw or Usyd. To be honest, in order to get your engineering degree valued, you need to go to England.....Everyone in Mechanical, Space, Mechatronics field there describe that an Engineer in Australia does not have adequate resources to turn their creativity into real products.
Cept Suntech

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
For Engineering it would really depend on what you want to do in terms of coursework. USYD at least in aeronautical, has a large practical focus even if there is alot of theory (which is why I'm dropping it, I never wanted to do it as a career but find the theory interesting). Which university your degree is from is in most cases insignificant, the practical placement will show that you are able to transfer theoretical to practical skills, if you are good you will have a better chance of getting into that company, or there are a few subjects where industry peeps listen in on presentations.

If you are shit you won't get a job irrelevant of which of the two universities you went to. If you are good you will. I would also take close looks at employment figures, for things such as how many went into further study etc, which is not just "How many did not get jobs and thought it would increase their chance if they got more degree".

ianc

physics is phun!
HSC
hello!

I'm thinking of possibly electrical/computer/mechatronic engineering and I'm obviously trying to weigh up USyd/UTS/UNSW.

I know everyone thinks UNSW is the best, but do you think it is worth an extra 20-30 minutes of travel (one way) for me to commute there over UTS and USyd???

Thanks for your help everyone!!!

bradc1988

HSC
Travel shouldn't be a major factor when choosing a Uni.

Edit: Oh, I didn't know you were so far away...

Last edited:

dddman

Banned
HSC
ianc said:
Yeah, i live in the blue mountains so it takes approximately 1.5 hours on the train just to get to central/redfern
you should consider the uni lodge i know uts & usyd have accommodation for students who r that far

as for unsw, they allow their medicine students to live in the park

check and mate, mother fucker

dddman

Banned
HSC
ianc said:
hello!

I'm thinking of possibly electrical/computer/mechatronic engineering and I'm obviously trying to weigh up USyd/UTS/UNSW.

I know everyone thinks UNSW is the best, but do you think it is worth an extra 20-30 minutes of travel (one way) for me to commute there over UTS and USyd???

Thanks for your help everyone!!!
ppl say unsw is the "best" bcoz its ranking, however people are stupid enough not to realise the rankings are based on research (unsw wins that by 20000 country miles), student numbers (unsw wins that on its own) and the difficulty of the course which unsw is renowned for. however at unsw your chances of getting a job arnt that well (see sig), their all about theory and not prac. like that's the point of being an engineer if i was u, for undergrade go fot usyd or uts, afterwards for post grad like masters go for unsw as u will be using their reseach as undergrads wont really use reseach unless u pick up post grad subjects as electives which i dont think unsw allows you.

i kno uts is the best for mechatronics however due to oz's lack advancement in that field they mix it up to mehanical to ensure u dont end up jobless (see attachment)

dddman

Banned
HSC
velox said:
UTS = Shit. Even HR departments know that.
prove it, i got stats that prove the shit i say...wheres your (and only YOURS) stats

bradc1988

HSC
Now I'm worried about employment opportunities for mechatronics student, I guess a 60% employment rate ain't that bad, but why do we get the lowest salary!

/may be regretting doing mtrx engineering.

dddman

Banned
HSC
well bcoz the industry isnt developed yet, places like England, japan, us and china is where engineering industries are constantly at highs, atm mechs are atm are at their lows, unlike civil. however is there somewhere u can do wat uts did where u can have mechatronics/mechanical i dont kno if ur uni does so

drewbrow1

(Ninja)
HSC
I've unearthed some interesting statistics, as I know that statistics tell the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.

The statistics say UTS is crap, it must be true. None of you will ever get jobs. No employer will employ anyone from UTS. The statistics say so. It must be true.

=========

If you are smart, you will get a job if you attend UNSW or UTS or any other university. If you are stupid, you will have trouble getting a job no matter what uni you attended.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)