USYD vs UNSW! (1 Viewer)

IN YOUR OPINION, WHICH UNI IS THE BEST (OVERALL)?

• Total voters

apollo1

Banned
HSC
why the fuk is Usyd in front of UNSW all of a sudden. last time i looked it was UNSW 14 Usyd 2

zero312

HSC
http://nomore1234567890.tumblr.com/

I think I've seen this guy before, he came into the CSE leaf lab one time and then sat at a computer behind me. He had a really strong distinct stench which was overpowering me and made it hard for me to concentrate. Is this the same guy?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
http://nomore1234567890.tumblr.com/

I think I've seen this guy before, he came into the CSE leaf lab one time and then sat at a computer behind me. He had a really strong distinct stench which was overpowering me and made it hard for me to concentrate. Is this the same guy?
LOL

why the fuk is Usyd in front of UNSW all of a sudden. last time i looked it was UNSW 14 Usyd 2
Duh, this forum has a strong Sydney bias. Like take a look at all the special threads that the Moderators make in the Sydney forums, discussion threads about their semester, their exam timetables, and the like. UNSW's stickies are just guides.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Wouldn't make too much of a difference, both top notch universities in Aus.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Well, I think if we get rid of all the obvious troll accounts that the secret pro-Sydney cabal here have made to push Sydney to a fake lead over UNSW (and other people I've never heard of), we get a true count - which is around:

Sydney - 5
UNSW - 10
UTS - 1
Macquarie - 0
UWS - 2

So UNSW is still winning, imo. And rightfully so =P

primalchaos3

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL
Duh, this forum has a strong Sydney bias. Like take a look at all the special threads that the Moderators make in the Sydney forums, discussion threads about their semester, their exam timetables, and the like. UNSW's stickies are just guides.
LOL how does the forum strong sydney bias? Everyone that replied to the thread was rooting for UNSW so far, imo it has a stronger UNSW bias...

Sydney - 5
UNSW - 10
UTS - 1
Macquarie - 0
UWS - 2
So UNSW is still winning, imo. And rightfully so =P
And also, why did you put UWS as 2 and Macquarie Uni as 0 haha. UWS is the worst uni out of the five isnt it...?

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
LOL how does the forum strong sydney bias? Everyone that replied to the thread was rooting for UNSW so far, imo it has a stronger UNSW bias...

And also, why did you put UWS as 2 and Macquarie Uni as 0 haha. UWS is the worst uni out of the five isnt it...?
I meant the admins. They're mostly Sydney people. Besides, I felt like making a conspiracy theory tonight.

And I put Macquarie as 0 because I don't know who those two people are...

primalchaos3

HSC
Uni Grad
I meant the admins. They're mostly Sydney people. Besides, I felt like making a conspiracy theory tonight.
Ahhh i see. LOL eyyy i got a question just for you, did you prefer UNSW over USYD you did your UAC prefs? If so, why? obviously NOW you have a bias towards it but just wondering if you always had it...

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Ahhh i see. LOL eyyy i got a question just for you, did you prefer UNSW over USYD you did your UAC prefs? If so, why? obviously NOW you have a bias towards it but just wondering if you always had it...
Look at my posts a year ago and you'll see "I love Sydney! Sydney's the best!"

My preference to UNSW changed just before the Main Round, or just after, iirc.

primalchaos3

HSC
Uni Grad
Wouldn't make too much of a difference, both top notch universities in Aus.
unbias post. very niiice!

Look at my posts a year ago and you'll see "I love Sydney! Sydney's the best!"

My preference to UNSW changed just before the Main Round, or just after, iirc.
haha wow. but WHY (basically why) did your preference change? That is the question.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
Why? UNSW seemed a place I could integrate myself into.

Sydney seemed a bit... pretentious and uppity. From my view. Plus, I read that some of the stuff there isn't that good and UNSW is better, and also the course structure for the degree I wanted to do at UNSW seemed better than at Sydney.

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
I like both Unis but am leaning towards UNSW because of scholarship, friends and commerce faculty. I want to be a banker/accountant or whatever. All of which I assessed outweighed the positive contrary - travel time and law faculty.

OP - I reckon you should come up with a list of the positive of each Unis. If you went to open day then you could also base it off the feel for the unis.

Last edited:

primalchaos3

HSC
Uni Grad
anyone know if Macquarie > UTS? seemed so when i went to the open days of the two. UTS looks alot more fun though lol. just wondering incase i cant get into USYD or UNSW...

I like both Unis but am leaning towards UNSW because of scholarship, friends and commerce faculty. I want to be a banker/accountant or whatever. All of which I assessed outweighed the positive contrary - travel time and law faculty.

OP - I reckon you should come up with a list of the positive of each Unis. If you went to open day then you could also base it off the feel for the unis.
Hmmm yeah will do. Still going to be a really tough decision though!

Bendent

HSC
ugly ppl and trolling goes together

anyway, he's ok for a fatty

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)