UTS Bachelor of Accounting (Co-Operative) Scholarship 2020 (1 Viewer)

whatsup1812

HSC
bump..I really did struggle to find accurate information when applying last year - good to see an account actually giving information :biglaugh: :biglaugh:

elephont

HSC
Hi! I was just wondering if there were prerequisites for this degree or if you would be somewhat advantaged by taking a certain level of maths or a certain subject (of course it would kind of depend on your majors/submajors). Thank you :)

UTSAccounting

HSC
Hi! I was just wondering if there were prerequisites for this degree or if you would be somewhat advantaged by taking a certain level of maths or a certain subject (of course it would kind of depend on your majors/submajors). Thank you :)
Hi! There are no prerequisites. You don't need to study Economics or Business Studies to qualify for selection.

Mathematics is assumed knowledge and not a prerequisite. However, whilst it is not a prerequisite for the course, students who have not completed Advanced Mathematics (2U maths) may wish to complete a bridging course or similar in order to prepare for the content of the degree. The content is fairly straightforward though and the hardest maths you do is really addition/multiplication/substituting formulas.

In saying this, you are not advantaged in any way if you do certain levels of maths - there are even people in my year who dropped all units of Maths in Yr 12.

Hope this helps!

aiden243

HSC
Heres some good reading while you're all in isolation :rolleyes: - neither of these documents have been published to the UTS website yet!
Thank you so much - I've never had so many of my questions answered in regard to this course :biglaugh::biglaugh: Your FANTASTIC whoever you are :cool::biggrin:

aiden243

HSC
This might have been asked a while ago - but will the information evening still be going ahead in May (COVID-19 has messed everything up :confused:) .... I'm asking for a group of people...

UTSAccounting

HSC
This might have been asked a while ago - but will the information evening still be going ahead in May (COVID-19 has messed everything up :confused:) .... I'm asking for a group of people...
Yeah I'd definitely still apply... a lot can change in a months time and there are also other alternative methods for the presentation!

hschelper01

HSC
Can someone who is undertaking a degree in accounting let me know how it is, since i have seen several websites mentioning that accounting jobs are really boring.
This degree is so much more than just an 'accounting degree'. At its core, it's a business degree with a compulsory major in accounting - at UTS.

Gone are the days when accountancy is reduced to just numbers. Accountancy is crucial as it provides updates on the financial health of the company. It advises the company of the progress and impending problems that need to be addressed. This is the department that makes numbers and figures an exciting topic during management meetings.

Accounting is a great course to study for a number of reasons. Accounting provides you with the skills and knowledge that can be applied to a number of industries. In fact, so long as there are businesses in the world, accountants will always be needed.

A qualification in accounting is the best way kick-start your career, however, before you decide to start studying, it’s worth noting the key benefits a career in accounting can give you.

Cutting edge technology: Students of accountancy in Australia are taught using the state of the art technology available in the field of accountancy. Education providers invest in developing systems, applications and researches.

Accreditation: There are three (3) professional accounting bodies for accountants in Australia: CPA Australia, Institute of Chartered Accountants and Institute of Public Accountants. Completing an accredited degree is the recognized pathway to associate membership to CPA Australia and the Institute of Chartered Accountants.

Career opportunities: Accountancy can provide a pathway for the below job titles:
  • Taxation officers;
  • Bankers;
  • Entrepreneurs;
  • Forensic Accountants;
  • Investment Managers;
  • Auditors;
  • Stockbroking Managers;
  • Traders;
  • Investment Analysts;
  • Financial Advisors;
  • Management Consultants.
High employment prospect: Graduates of accountancy in Australia benefit from high employment prospects. There are no shortages of accountancy job vacancies in the near future. This too ensures jobs security.

Global demand: As the world economy progresses, the need for accountancy graduates gets stronger. Proving favourable for holders of degree/qualification from Australian education providers due to overseas recognition.

Work in any industry: Flexible compared to other jobs as accountancy professionals are needed in any industry, meaning more options to choose from.

Mateship: Students with the same passion for the field of study, go through the journey together, developing bonds which are valuable in life and in future. This is especially evident through the BAcc program, where you literally become close friends with 27 people for life.

If you decide to study for Accounting and Finance, you probably won’t have to wait long to start working. Jobs in accounting are always in demand and the skills you learn through studying are transferable and can be applied to many other disciplines.

I was in a similar situation to you last year.. I wanted to study business/accounting and people told me the exact same thing. But I applied for the co-op program at UTS, got in, and haven't looked back since... its AMAZING! You should apply... you miss 100% of the opportunities you don't take up!

jasminerulez

HSC
N/A
This degree is so much more than just an 'accounting degree'. At its core, it's a business degree with a compulsory major in accounting - at UTS.

Gone are the days when accountancy is reduced to just numbers. Accountancy is crucial as it provides updates on the financial health of the company. It advises the company of the progress and impending problems that need to be addressed. This is the department that makes numbers and figures an exciting topic during management meetings.

Accounting is a great course to study for a number of reasons. Accounting provides you with the skills and knowledge that can be applied to a number of industries. In fact, so long as there are businesses in the world, accountants will always be needed.

A qualification in accounting is the best way kick-start your career, however, before you decide to start studying, it’s worth noting the key benefits a career in accounting can give you.

Cutting edge technology: Students of accountancy in Australia are taught using the state of the art technology available in the field of accountancy. Education providers invest in developing systems, applications and researches.

Accreditation: There are three (3) professional accounting bodies for accountants in Australia: CPA Australia, Institute of Chartered Accountants and Institute of Public Accountants. Completing an accredited degree is the recognized pathway to associate membership to CPA Australia and the Institute of Chartered Accountants.

Career opportunities: Accountancy can provide a pathway for the below job titles:
  • Taxation officers;
  • Bankers;
  • Entrepreneurs;
  • Forensic Accountants;
  • Investment Managers;
  • Auditors;
  • Stockbroking Managers;
  • Traders;
  • Investment Analysts;
  • Financial Advisors;
  • Management Consultants.
High employment prospect: Graduates of accountancy in Australia benefit from high employment prospects. There are no shortages of accountancy job vacancies in the near future. This too ensures jobs security.

Global demand: As the world economy progresses, the need for accountancy graduates gets stronger. Proving favourable for holders of degree/qualification from Australian education providers due to overseas recognition.

Work in any industry: Flexible compared to other jobs as accountancy professionals are needed in any industry, meaning more options to choose from.

Mateship: Students with the same passion for the field of study, go through the journey together, developing bonds which are valuable in life and in future. This is especially evident through the BAcc program, where you literally become close friends with 27 people for life.

If you decide to study for Accounting and Finance, you probably won’t have to wait long to start working. Jobs in accounting are always in demand and the skills you learn through studying are transferable and can be applied to many other disciplines.

I was in a similar situation to you last year.. I wanted to study business/accounting and people told me the exact same thing. But I applied for the co-op program at UTS, got it, an haven't looked back since... its AMAZING! You should apply... you miss 100% of the opportunities you don't take up!
Thank you sooo much for this!!!

UTSAccounting

HSC
I really enjoy doing business studies and economics and I'm thinking of doing accounting in Macquarie, but some of my peers are telling me that accounting jobs are really boring. I'm sooooo confused:blink2:
Pretty much sums it up ^^ :haha:... At the end of the day, accounting is so much more than just numbers...

It might also be worth checking out these websites:

If you need any more help/guidence - PM me!

jasminerulez

HSC
N/A
Pretty much sums it up ^^ :haha:... At the end of the day, accounting is so much more than just numbers...

It might also be worth checking out these websites:

If you need any more help/guidence - PM me!
Thank you! I'll have a look at those websites now :oldcool:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)