UTS Bachelor of business (1 Viewer)

hsay25

HSC
Hey guys,
I’ve been considering putting bachelor of business and creative intelligent and communication on my UAC form.

But talking with others, I’ve heard that the bachelor of business degree is inferior and simple in comparison to the bachelor of commerce degree from unsw, mq or usyd.
Is this true?

How different are the two degrees and which one would you guys recommend if I’m thinking of going into the accounting field?

Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

brent012

Webmaster
Webmaster
HSC
The bachelor of business at UTS is equivalent to a commerce degree at other universities. UTS called it a business degree to align itself with unis overseas.

Some other univerisites (mostly interstate), offer both business and commerce degrees however and in these cases the business degree is a more applied course.
This is discussed elsewhere on here if you search for it.

If you want to go into accounting, I think you'd want to do a certification such as the CA or CPA after graduation. So you'd want to make sure the course/major you pick satisfies any requirements, whether any particular courses might have benefits for those programs and if there's any subjects you'll need to pursue during undergrad.

I'm not an accounting major, so I can't comment on that. I know the CA is a harder/more exclusive certification however, and I have seen talk in the Macquarie section about certain versions of their degrees not having some of the necessary subjects. Don't quote me on this, but I believe it just makes the process longer/more complicated as opposed to precluding you from being able to get certified.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Where are you located? Also, I recommend that if you are pursuing accounting that your degree (major) will make your eligible to commence CA or CPA.

If you are at Macquarie University I would recommend that you enrol in the Bachelor of Professional Accounting designated course as it meets the requirements for all major accounting bodies in Australia.

I do not think that the creative intelligent and communication course would add much to your employability in the accounting field. Have you considered perhaps doing business analytics?

hsay25

HSC
Where are you located? Also, I recommend that if you are pursuing accounting that your degree (major) will make your eligible to commence CA or CPA.

If you are at Macquarie University I would recommend that you enrol in the Bachelor of Professional Accounting designated course as it meets the requirements for all major accounting bodies in Australia.

I do not think that the creative intelligent and communication course would add much to your employability in the accounting field. Have you considered perhaps doing business analytics?
I’m located in the South west region of Sydney
Yes if I go Macquarie I’m considering the Bachelor of commerce- professional accounting with business analytics
Or the Bachelor of commerce- professional accounting with applied finance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)