UTS Business or USyd Commerce? (1 Viewer)

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
Judging by the name of the post I'm pretty sure everyone will instantly say USyd. The thing is that I've been told by some people that USyd isn't really great for Cadets due to a lack of flexibility in the timetabling, something which UTS does really well.

Does anyone know if things at USyd have changed or am I better off going to UTS for the sake of convenience.

seventhroot

gg no re
HSC
op is asking about timetabling lol
orly? I never properly read threads unless they're really simple

OP, you can make your own timetables.

I am in the ~ 2 day mech lyf master race ~

Last edited:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Probably UTS would be easier if you want to do a cadetship...

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
Work-out how flexible your work is, UTS definitely is more flexible with its timetabling then USYD still, despite USYD getting better my collegue who's also a cadet and goes to USYD still has some random times she has to go to,if you can deal with that then it's still a decent option. UTS has superior location and timetabling though.

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
Work-out how flexible your work is, UTS definitely is more flexible with its timetabling then USYD still, despite USYD getting better my collegue who's also a cadet and goes to USYD still has some random times she has to go to,if you can deal with that then it's still a decent option. UTS has superior location and timetabling though.
I'm in a position where both Uni's are equally easy for me to reach. So if it's just the one off awkward timetabling I'll be fine, it's more to do with will it be difficult during the two years of work to spread out classes in a somewhat decent manner.

ALSO a friend told me that it's a lot more competitive at USyd Commerce because the students usually get in with the cut off ATAR due to the lack of Bonus Points available at USyd so it's a higher calibre of students.

Chronost

Ex CAG auditor - current CAG deal-maker
HSC
One off timetabling ? Every semester, and it can cause inconvenience at work.

Higher calibre maybe, ATAR doesnt exactly equate to doing well in a course , at the very least you won't notice a significant difference in commerce.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

nerdasdasd

Dont.msg.me.about.english
HSC
Uni Grad
I'm in a position where both Uni's are equally easy for me to reach. So if it's just the one off awkward timetabling I'll be fine, it's more to do with will it be difficult during the two years of work to spread out classes in a somewhat decent manner.

ALSO a friend told me that it's a lot more competitive at USyd Commerce because the students usually get in with the cut off ATAR due to the lack of Bonus Points available at USyd so it's a higher calibre of students.
Uts is more flexible with their bonus points, so usyd would be more competitive

Phaze

Pleb.
HSC
One off timetabling ? Every semester, and it can cause inconvenience at work.

Higher calibre maybe, ATAR doesnt exactly equate to doing well in a course , at the very least you won't notice a significant difference in commerce.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk
Thanks, I guess I'll see when the time comes :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)