UTS endorses new building (1 Viewer)

joy1889

HSC

A NEW building chosen to ‘‘shock’’ and ‘‘awe’’ Sydneysiders will dominate the western entry into the city.

The ruling body of the University of Technology Sydney last night endorsed the winning competition design for its $170 million, 12-storey building, for its engineering and IT faculty.

With a knowing nod to future controversy, the university vice chancellor, Ross Milbourne, declared the building that will front Broadway as ‘‘the most significant piece of architecture in Sydney since the Opera House’’.
Massive shields and grills add shock and awe to UTS, Sydney Morning Herald 1/8/2009

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Cool. Too bad I won't be at UTS to see it in the making.

joy1889

HSC
The article just states that they've "endorsed" the building. I'm assuming they would need local council approval?

Was it just me or did I hear that Building 2 was being converted to a library with the big space in the middle being used for extra room? That would be cool. Our library deserves to be larger.

efhat

HSC
Construction will start this or next semester i read apparently which is cool!

So is this going to be the new Building 10? or is it going across the road?

tehpyro

Lord of Bored
HSC
So is this going to be the new Building 10? or is it going across the road?
It's going next to building 10, taking the place of that old building on the corner of Jones and Broadway. Not sure what they'll do with building 10 if this is supposed to be the new engineering/IT building.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)