HSC
N/A
Ummm...UTS does have Stuvac...well the business faculty does at least

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
BowDown2 said:
Ummm...UTS does have Stuvac...well the business faculty does at least
Depends on the subject. Some business subjects have stuvac, but some don't.

djyk777

HSC
runnable said:
With the UAI cut-off for UNSW and USyd way up in the 95+ for courses like Law, Commerce etc... You would think the students applying are not duds. They would've done their own fair share of research and thinking.

And all international papers rank UNSW and USyd above UTS in every count. I think they have done some research as well.
You Asian? Sure, there are smart people, but have you considered the fact that the UAI does NOT correlate to intelligence?

Those who get 95+ (and thus 'smart') are either:-

a) Relatively smart - the minority
b) Spent tens of thousands of $ in tutoring (often bribing english tutors to write their essays, etc)- the majority

(i'm putting you with none of these categories since you seem very, very fucked up)

Concerning BBus and BComm, believe me, from what I've heard/experienced from UTS (me) and UNSW students, THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE. UTS gives you more practical approaches to the theory learned while UNSW is mostly theory. This actually means more cramming (and thus less knowledge retained) whereas for the UTS business degree, you need to understand the key core concepts in order to complete the tests and assignments. (in the case of the two most popular majors).

Also, UTS is a young university (20 years) compared to UNSW and USYD, which is waay older. In the case of USYD and UNSW, older = larger = more money = ability to fund high levels of research = "high" int'l rankings

AND, dude, you haven't even finished high school. Stop writing bullshit and study. nuff said.

Ahh, one more thing. Check the graduate salary for sydney unis and then go fuck yourself.

Last edited:

tem197

SLUR DESTRUCTIVE
HSC
personaly, i hate UTS.
comparing my time table to everyone else i know who goes to uni, mine is SOO F*CKED up, im there at 9am, with a 4hour break until my next class, then another 2 hour break after that class until my final class.

just rediculous breaks between classes, the time table is so unflexible, because of all the auto-assigned lectures i end up with stupid gaps everywhere. im going to have to quit my job next semester, because i dont finish until after 5pm every day of the week.

plus it takes me about 1 hour 30mins to get there.

so IN MY OPINION, uts sucks. maybe its just the first year?

anyway for me its been the worst year of my life.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
its also relatively close to star city in comparison to other unis. =]

HSC
meh. it has its good and bad stuff

ill just say the good ones for now

1. well renowned uts gallery with exhibitions
2. 2ser fm
3. the loft and the glasshouse...the loft is featured on the brag every week now
4. closer to pretty much everything in the city
5. easier to travel to

Last edited:

brigittaaa

HSC
ohh i wana go to uts next year would anyone recommend it for HRM?

bawd

HSC
BIGTYMA said:
  1. Every uts student says that there are 'supposably' other buildings (im just trolling), but honestly where the hell are the other buildings, in fact i dont even know where the uts campus begins and ends
There's a City Campus and a Kuring-gai Campus. I'm supposing they're quite far apart. (CC is in Ultimo, KC is in Linsfield). Why'd they split the faculties like that? One giant campus would be more convenient.

~aussiegirl!~

08 sac baby!
HSC
no employer is going to decide an employee based on which uni they went too or subjects or uai they did and received its more the skills that they have which they can demonstrate physically

maka

HSC
I do BBusiness with a BLaws.

My Business major is HRM and yes I would recommend it.

Now, with the changes to the major, it has meant more variety for students.

It is a very underrated major which is highly valued within the business environment.

2nd largest growth market for jobs in the USA as well. So I suppose it isnt your traditional Accounting/Marketing or Finance major that most people do, but it is worthwhile and something different to most people.

Matt Samson

HSC
black_kat_meow said:
UTS is much better for journalism. The Usyd course is a joke to many in the industry apparently. They're relying purely on prestige.
True. Too much theory in uSyd Journalism.

What editor would give a damn about someone graduating full of marxist / postmodernist ideas?

HSC
maka said:
I do BBusiness with a BLaws.

My Business major is HRM and yes I would recommend it.

Now, with the changes to the major, it has meant more variety for students.

It is a very underrated major which is highly valued within the business environment.

2nd largest growth market for jobs in the USA as well. So I suppose it isnt your traditional Accounting/Marketing or Finance major that most people do, but it is worthwhile and something different to most people.
hey what are the changes to the HRM major/sub major?

maka

HSC
They changed the major.

It used to be a set 8 subjects to do.

Now it is 4 core subjects in the major and a choice of 6 subjects in which you need to do 4.

M@ster P

HSC
djyk777 said:
You Asian? Sure, there are smart people, but have you considered the fact that the UAI does NOT correlate to intelligence?

Those who get 95+ (and thus 'smart') are either:-

a) Relatively smart - the minority
b) Spent tens of thousands of $ in tutoring (often bribing english tutors to write their essays, etc)- the majority

(i'm putting you with none of these categories since you seem very, very fucked up)

Concerning BBus and BComm, believe me, from what I've heard/experienced from UTS (me) and UNSW students, THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE. UTS gives you more practical approaches to the theory learned while UNSW is mostly theory. This actually means more cramming (and thus less knowledge retained) whereas for the UTS business degree, you need to understand the key core concepts in order to complete the tests and assignments. (in the case of the two most popular majors).

Also, UTS is a young university (20 years) compared to UNSW and USYD, which is waay older. In the case of USYD and UNSW, older = larger = more money = ability to fund high levels of research = "high" int'l rankings

AND, dude, you haven't even finished high school. Stop writing bullshit and study. nuff said.

Ahh, one more thing. Check the graduate salary for sydney unis and then go fuck yourself.
This made my day, I salute you

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)