UTS insearch (1 Viewer)

rebeka94

HSC
Does anyone know anything about it? (Is it worth all the money and how are the people like)

mitchy_boy

blue
HSC
Isn't it just like TAFE, at UTS?
I'd assume going to tafe would lead to the same qualifications, and you could probably still transfer into uni at the end.
How much is it?

rebeka94

HSC
I have no idea, but after completing a diploma relating to the course you want to do at UTS, you can transfer into the course straight away. It seems easier. It's $23,500

tommykins

i am number -e^i*pi
HSC
a money making scheme is what it is

harrisony

goodbye cruel world
HSC
N/A
Do you honestly think you won't make the cutoff for the course you want?

rebeka94

HSC
Do you honestly think you won't make the cutoff for the course you want?
I want to do Architecture, which required around 93.5 ATAR last year and it'll probably increase for 2012. So yeah I'm doubtful.

LonelyWolf

HSC
Does anyone know anything about it? (Is it worth all the money and how are the people like)
In your case, its probably too early to decide on a specific course and worry about your ATAR. I've researched it a little while ago, its a good scheme because it makes you seem as if you are an actual UTS student, which is the social aspect. Money wise its around $21,000 odd, NOT worth it one bit, the prices are ridiculous. It really isn't worth it, you're better going to somewhere else and then transferring.

I know the ATARs required for UNSW, USYD and somewhat UTS are over the top, but have you thought about Macquarie? Also, its hard to believe but even though UWS Parramatta is a bit of a shithole, they actually have world class engineering department.

What subjects do you do?

rebeka94

HSC
In your case, its probably too early to decide on a specific course and worry about your ATAR. I've researched it a little while ago, its a good scheme because it makes you seem as if you are an actual UTS student, which is the social aspect. Money wise its around $21,000 odd, NOT worth it one bit, the prices are ridiculous. It really isn't worth it, you're better going to somewhere else and then transferring.

I know the ATARs required for UNSW, USYD and somewhat UTS are over the top, but have you thought about Macquarie? Also, its hard to believe but even though UWS Parramatta is a bit of a shithole, they actually have world class engineering department.

What subjects do you do?
Architecture isn't offered in Macq or UWS..

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Did you have a look at bonus points schemes at the unis to see whether you'll pick up some extra marks that way?

R3M

HSC
Money wise - a bit expensive. However, you're doing what you want to do in the end so it doesn't matter.
I'm a student there now, and honestly it's not that bad. The lecturers/tutors there really help you when you need it.

Say hypothetically the cut off for Architecture is 94, and you get a an 85 (with the bonus point scheme), then you enrol in the accelerated diploma course which is basically first year uni but fast tracked. You start in July, do all the relevant course content, and the semester ends in march where you have roughly a 3 week break until you start semester 2 at UTS :) So you don't really miss out on much.

There's no competitive entry as well. You basically have a guaranteed spot at UTS, and you only need to pass all the subjects in Insearch.

Also, it's not TAFE at UTS. Even if you get a diploma at tafe, that takes roughly a year to acquire, and I've spoken to people at insearch who already have their diploma, but were not allowed into the degree due to the credit points and all that stuff.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)