• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UTS or Macquarie university? (1 Viewer)

charithacherry

HSC
Hello everyone! I am Charitha from India. I am planning to study Masters of Professional Accounting for the july 2016 intake. I am getting different kinds of opinions from everyone. Some people are telling me to go for UTS and some are telling me to go for Macquarie. I also heard that in Macquarie project works and assignments are given on a regular basis which gives us no time for part time jobs. Is it true? I also have plans of working in Sydney once I finish my masters course. So pls suggest me which university should I go for? Also I would like to know the job oppurtunities in the accounting field i.e the one which I am planning to do my masters. Which university has good campus recruitments? Also I need help in finding part time jobs. What kind of part time jobs are available? Pls help me out!

thanks and regards
charitha

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Macquarie is probably better in the accounting department? However they have similar level of prestige.

I'm pretty sure your study visa will cap you out on a maximum amount of hours you are able to work in a part time job, so you may not need to worry about availability but you should ensure that you get your finances sorted out.

I'd probably look into the one with cheaper accommodation/living costs as your major priority as the worth of the degree between the two institutions are minimal.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)