UTS or Sydney Uni? (1 Viewer)

_dhj_

-_-
HSC
FireFlower said:
I'm at usyd and I absolutely love it. UTS is a good uni and all, but fucking hell its ugly. Aesthetics are very important to me, and being surrounded by ugly would upset me greatly. So if you're ridiculously shallow like me, then pick usyd.
Well put.

HSC
Is it true that UTS isn't a campus-like uni? That is to say its all highrise (kind of)? That's what I heard?

I think Usyd just looks better. Camperdown Campus anyway. I mean how can you go past all that old school sandstone buildings? I'd go there just for that if it was the closest uni

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Darlington campus isn't that bad either. For me, who really only has to walk through it twice a day, it has fairly nice scenery. That nice little field that's next to the Microbiology building is fairly aesthetic, and the Wentworth Building is nice too. Redfern is quite a quaint area to walk through too.

But yes, why are we comparing the aesthetics and architecture of UTS to USyd? There's no comparison to be made, USyd dominates. And the sanstone buildings aren't the limit to their lovely looking buildings. The entire lot of buildings along Science Road, along with the Physics building and Education buildings are fine pieces of architecture in themselves.

Triangulum

Dignitatis Contentio
HSC
Education building is as bland as hell, at least from the outside. Old Teachers College is nice though.

Nebuchanezzar

Banned
HSC
Pfft, hardly. It showcases some of the most excellent brickwork I've seen in quite some time, and although I'm now paraphrasing from a site I can't remember, the exterior does seem like one of the most well functioning medieval style buildings that I've ever seen. It compliments Manning perfectly, it keeps the overall "pointy-roof", quasi-Gothic/Georgian style architecture of the university going (I'm no architect!) and it looks brilliant when viewed from the Physics Building, or approaching it from that Cafe' which I never go to. Kinda as if the building takes on a different dimension depending on the approach.

sabira001

HSC
Lol. If you do a commerce/law at USYD, aren't the two faculties located a few kilometres away from each other? Law is all the way in St James, so would that mean their lectures and tutorials are there too? If so, a student doing a combined law/commerce (or basically any other combined law) would need to travel between the two campuses often, and its about 3.5km.

HSC
I'm sure they would work it in such a way that you wouldn't have to go to both places in one day. And even if its so, then it couldn't be that long a bus ride/drive or something anyway

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)