UTS - Semester 1 2010 Guestimates + Official Results (21 July 2010) thread (1 Viewer)

BowDown2

HSC
N/A
The 'thejosiekiller' GUESTIMATE:

A guestimate is pretty much a guess/estimate of what you think your final subject marks will be for this semester.

The word 'guestimate' was made up by thejosiekiller; who will forever be immortalised in this UTS tradition.

So whenever you like, feel free to make a guestimate on your marks. You may do this now or after your final exam =)

-----------

AUTUMN SEMESTER 1, 2010 RESULTS - WEDNESDAY, 21ST JULY 2010:

UTS: Centrally-conducted exam dates, Student admin

A quote from jasee in 2006 (this information should apply for this semester):
jasee said:
One Stop Student Administration
Click on "Results", then you may have to select your course, and then it will display your results.
I recommend logging in by 23:00 and clicking around every 5-10 minutes (anything less than that is not really needed). Don't refresh the page as it wastes resources and also sometimes logs you out. The system only allows a certain amount of people on at a time and it will give you a busy page when its full.
Results are also available via 1300 656 887, although usually not until around 9am or so.
Visit http://www.sau.uts.edu.au/exams_ass/index.html for more details.

Some other useful information:
Jian said:
Actually, results will be available via phone around 5pm on Tuesday by calling the results line 1300656887
NB: Results could be available at 5pm on the day before the official results release (via phone) on the UTS Results line.

Jian said:
Now you can know if you pass all the subjects in Autumn 07.
Just go to the result page in MSA and click "Email my complete academic record", then your record in pdf will be emailed to your UTS email account. Then check "Total credit points gained", if you pass all the subjects, then all Autumn 07 credit points are added.
Now I know I pass all at least.
NB: This may work before the official results release.
*Second quote does not work for First Semester, First Year students.

Jian said:
I found another way which may help you know which subject you failed.
Go to the Study Plan page. If the status of the subject you did in Autumn 07 is Enrolled, then you passed. If it is planned, then you failed.
My friend's one subject's status become "Planned" and the Total Credit Points Gained indicates that he got 18 cps in Autumn 07 and he enrolled 24 cps.
NB: This may work before the official results release.
Thanks to Jian Bored of Studies - View Profile: Jian for the info.

_____

Grade Point Averages?

Grade Point Averages (or GPA) will be released with academic transcripts from Autumn, 2008.
Please see the following two links for more info:
Bored of Studies
http://www.sau.uts.edu.au/assessment...gpa/index.html

_____

Thanks to Huratio for coming up with this post last sem.

Let the guesstimating begin!

0hNivlek

HSC
MyStudentAdmin > Results > At the bottom of the page it says I want to... Email my complete academic record - click on it and confirm your details and wait a few minutes until you receive it in your email!

HSC
It's the 'email my complete academic transcript' link in results...

When you get that it shows you your new GPA....Using whatever your old GPA was you can calculate a vague estimate of how you went...

BowDown2

HSC
N/A
do you access it from student admin like your results or is it in a separate area or something? i have no idea where it is lol
This is how:

Jian said:
Now you can know if you pass all the subjects in Autumn.
Just go to the result page in My Student Admin and click "Email my complete academic record", then your record in pdf will be emailed to your UTS email account. Then check "Total credit points gained", if you pass all the subjects, then all Autumn credit points are added.
Now I know I pass all at least.

Last edited:

BowDown2

HSC
N/A
It's the 'email my complete academic transcript' link in results...

When you get that it shows you your new GPA....Using whatever your old GPA was you can calculate a vague estimate of how you went...
extremely vague....Eg. for one Sem you could have a GPA of 2.25

(4 x 6) + (1 x 6) + (2 x 6) + (2 x 6) = 54

(3 x 6) + (2 x 6) + (2 x 6) + (2 x 6) = 54

(1 x 6) + (2 x 6) + (3 x 6) + (3 x 6) = 54

(0 x 6) + (1 x 6) + (4 x 6) + (4 x 6) = 54

and 54/24 = 2.25

and I could keep going for ever

Reality is you could never know your actual results...except if all cp's have been added, it means you have no fails.

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
keep checking it
results came out early in 1st sem last year
before 5pm!

HSC
BowDown2 said:
This is how:
oh right haha, i thought that page would only be released on results day so assumed it must be located somewhere else... thanks :D

very happy with results. except for economics where i went from getting HD in midsem and assignments then getting a credit... damn you marginal cost curves

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)