• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

UWS E-mail help (1 Viewer)

pick me

HSC
I was hoping one of you might be able to help me. I have recieved an e-mail through the uws system and I can't open it, there is no subject title. Does anyone know how I could find a way of opening it? Thanks so much in advance.

Michelle

L

LaraB

not sure... that's weird...

did you receive it in your uws account? or in a personal email account?

j_davo24

HSC
pick me said:
I was hoping one of you might be able to help me. I have recieved an e-mail through the uws system and I can't open it, there is no subject title. Does anyone know how I could find a way of opening it? Thanks so much in advance.

Michelle
Yeah, definitely weird. Try setting it up to forward to another email address of yours. That might let you open it through the other account.

hYperTrOphY

HSC
On the topic of emails - is it weird that I have multiple addresses that work? So far, I have noticed 3 that I can use (but are all the one account):

student#@student.uws.edu.au
student#@scholar.uws.edu.au
student#@day.uws.edu.au

L

LaraB

hYperTrOphY said:
On the topic of emails - is it weird that I have multiple addresses that work? So far, I have noticed 3 that I can use (but are all the one account):

student#@day.uws.edu.au
nah - u can put either of those terms in the address n ur emai lwill work jus the same.. i guess they're kinda like alias's for one another

j_davo24

HSC
hYperTrOphY said:

student#@day.uws.edu.au
So it's only student now? I thought it was @studentmail.uws.edu.au last year? Or does that work as well?

L

LaraB

j_davo24 said:
So it's only student now? I thought it was @studentmail.uws.edu.au last year? Or does that work as well?
As far as i know it was never studentmail...

Studentmail was just the website name.. everyone i know just had student.

klh

HSC
whoa? maybe it was my initial It degree background, but we were always told to use studentmail.uws.edu.au and was never explained the things behind the day.uws.edu.au or scholar...i dont rememer any student???

L

LaraB

klh said:
whoa? maybe it was my initial It degree background, but we were always told to use studentmail.uws.edu.au and was never explained the things behind the day.uws.edu.au or scholar...i dont rememer any student???
i was always told it was 'student'... coz i checked with the IT guy... whatever you call em, helpdesk or something, when we 1st got the account coz it was stuffing up... a lot of friends did the same and he said it wasn't working because we were using "studentmail" and we should use "student"

i dunno if it makes a difference now but it did then... i never really send things to anyone anymore from my uws account except lecturers...

pick me

HSC
Hey thanks guys, yeah it is weird. im going to send an e-mail back to the person who sent it to me and ask them to send it to my normal e-mail.

L

LaraB

pick me said:
Hey thanks guys, yeah it is weird. im going to send an e-mail back to the person who sent it to me and ask them to send it to my normal e-mail.
It could be as simple as the server it came from - if it's from a server that appears to be 'spam' to the uws system, it often will prevent you from viewing it or replying to it etc

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)