UWS Early Offer Email (1 Viewer)

ESSJAYBEExD

HSC
Just wondering if anyone else here got the same "I am pleased to offer you an Early Offer at the University of Western Sydney" email yesterday.

ESSJAYBEExD

HSC
I still haven't decided what I want to do or at which uni. I'm just wondering how many people got the email.

captainvagina

HSC
i got an email from them about an Academic Excellence Scholarship, is that what ur talking about?

ESSJAYBEExD

HSC
No, not scholarships (but congrats). I'm talking about course offers prior to the main round.

Kralex

HSC
yeah received but theres no way im putting it as one of my top 3 pref. to accept...I achieved an ATAR higher than their requirements and am confident they'll offer me a main round offer anyway.

yalando

HSC
So I'm sick of people stereotyping UWS and classifying it as a shit univeristy. Unaware to most of you that it is actually a highly regarded uni, especially its faculty of medicine which has been voted the best in Australia and has the latest effective facilities in the country. Also, it's churning out doctors that are not asian, are not forced to do it because their curry mother is an anaethesist and are normal people who obtained a high enough ATAR to partake in their course primarily from the west. Unknown also is that Sydney is financially struggling and monetarily being inefficient as to where they use and designate funds within their uni. UWS isn't shit, the mindset and snobby attitude of most people is shit but needless to say, I'd rather the snobs go to Sydney (etc) and accumulate together into one mass pile of wanks

ESSJAYBEExD

HSC
yeah received but theres no way im putting it as one of my top 3 pref. to accept...I achieved an ATAR higher than their requirements and am confident they'll offer me a main round offer anyway.
Actually one of their conditions for an early offer is "You must nominate a UWS course in your top three preferences before the University Admissions Centre (UAC) on-time application closing on 30 September 2010." So I guess you already have it in your top 3 preferences if you received an early offer email.

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
So I'm sick of people stereotyping UWS and classifying it as a shit univeristy...........the mindset and snobby attitude of most people is shit but needless to say, I'd rather the snobs go to Sydney (etc) and accumulate together into one mass pile of wanks
Yeah, kettle, meet pot. Pot, meet kettle.

Now anyone on these boards will tell you that I'm one of the more fervent supporters of UWS, but I stick to truth.
...especially its faculty of medicine which has been voted the best in Australia
Um...yeah. I don't think that's true.

Trans4M

HSC
Uni Grad
yalando i agree with u about the stereotyping but i agree with Aerath that I dont think what you said about med school is true...

honeslty for the most part the degree u do at which uni doesnt really matter. my sister got her masters of teaching at UWSYD and is now employed with a starting salary of 57k :D pretty good.

and i am considering heading to UWSYD if i dont get into my courses at UNSW or USYD

Paradox.101

HSC
So I'm sick of people stereotyping UWS and classifying it as a shit univeristy. Unaware to most of you that it is actually a highly regarded uni, especially its faculty of medicine which has been voted the best in Australia and has the latest effective facilities in the country. Also, it's churning out doctors that are not asian, are not forced to do it because their curry mother is an anaethesist and are normal people who obtained a high enough ATAR to partake in their course primarily from the west. Unknown also is that Sydney is financially struggling and monetarily being inefficient as to where they use and designate funds within their uni. UWS isn't shit, the mindset and snobby attitude of most people is shit but needless to say, I'd rather the snobs go to Sydney (etc) and accumulate together into one mass pile of wanks
Uhhhh...Cool story bro. Sorry but UWS still sucks.

not_telling

HSC
I got an early offer email too... Does this mean we have to change our preferences for the early jan round to make uws 1st?

ar7

HSC
honestly, who cares what other ppl think of your uni. for the large part, many employers dont giv a rats arse where you got ur degree from. so let a few misled and ignorant ppl think its a crap uni and dw bout it. everyone noes the uni rankings r not a 100% accurate indication of the quality of each uni and even the 'history' or 'prestige' card seems pointless as uws is relatively young compared to usyd. its merely a matter of time before each uni is on par with each other.

ESSJAYBEExD

HSC
I got an early offer email too... Does this mean we have to change our preferences for the early jan round to make uws 1st?
Yes. The Early January round is for first preferences only. So to get an offer in this round, the course must be your first preference by December 30, and the offers are made on January 5.

Monstar

HSC
Protip: Don't go to UWS if you don't have to. And if you go there try your hardest to move out.

People i've met in interviews that go to UWS: 0.

ESSJAYBEExD

HSC
Protip: Don't go to UWS if you don't have to. And if you go there try your hardest to move out.

People i've met in interviews that go to UWS: 0.
Interviews in which field?

And which general area were these interviews as I would assume a fair proportion UWS graduates intend on working in Western Sydney.

Kralex

HSC
Actually one of their conditions for an early offer is "You must nominate a UWS course in your top three preferences before the University Admissions Centre (UAC) on-time application closing on 30 September 2010." So I guess you already have it in your top 3 preferences if you received an early offer email.
had.

when I got my ATAR I changed my top preferences.

zooba

HSC
Yes. The Early January round is for first preferences only. So to get an offer in this round, the course must be your first preference by December 30, and the offers are made on January 5.
I got the e-mail too and I was wondering if i have a UWS course as my first preference by December 30, then change my preferences after Dec 30, does this mean I could potentially get an offer for the Early January Round as well as an offer to a different course for Main round?

ESSJAYBEExD

HSC
had.

when I got my ATAR I changed my top preferences.
Fair enough.

I got the e-mail too and I was wondering if i have a UWS course as my first preference by December 30, then change my preferences after Dec 30, does this mean I could potentially get an offer for the Early January Round as well as an offer to a different course for Main round?
I had the same thought.
Date preferences for early round have to be in : December 30
Early round: January 5
Date preferences for main round have to be in: January 6
Main Round: January 19

So I think if you were gonna do that, wait until the actual offer comes on January 5, then change your preferences later that day or on January 6.

I assume this is possible since the email says
"Additional Information
If you receive offers in both the Early January Round and the Main Round, both offers are valid and you can choose the course you would like to study when you accept and enrol."

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)