UWS: Flying to hell or heaven???? (1 Viewer)

UWs or Macquarie Uni?

• University of Western Sydney

Votes: 24 43.6%
  • Macquarie University

Votes: 31 56.4%

• Total voters

RANK 1

HSC
exactly. My m8's dad is good friends with a usyd professor who told him a lot of his colleagues are moving to uws due to the fact usyd treats them like shit. an ew uni like uws is therefore more than happy to take them.

furthermore, being a newer uni its getting a lot more government funding so its facilities will probably be top notch in a few years

sure it doesn't have the "prestige" so to speak of other unis, but if a person is really, sincerely detrmined to do their degree this is not even a concern worth mentioning. For example, I'm happy to do medicine at uws (if i don't get into unsw) as long as I am doing medicine. Just because you preference other unis over it, doesn't mean its bad.
thats wat i just said, it may not be bad but it cant be considered good when compared to the other unis

mirakon

nigga
HSC
thats wat i just said, it may not be bad but it cant be considered good when compared to the other unis
The only area where I see it lacking is the somewhat metaphysical notion of "presitge". In terms of teaching quality, facilities it certainly stacks up not to mention the fact that its one of the easier unis to get to for a lot of people (unsw is a pain in the arse and usyd would be too if it wasn't for the fact that i have a bus stop 3 mins walk from my house)

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Pretty much agree with a majority of posts in this thread.

Give UWS some time, seeing as they are still a new university and you will be surprised at far they will excel.

I think people need to get over their elitism. It isn't cute. A university is a university. it will be hard and it will conform to industry standards at the end of the day.

HSC
Uni Grad
True, but have you seen some of the people doing their degrees? See: Only at UWS Facebook page.

Lebs with like.. 65 ATAR are doing their 'fully sik' law degrees. Law degrees? 65 ATAR? Really? Really?
Usyd is better than your uni

suck my dick

HSC
Uni Grad
Or, UWS is a university that is degrading the prestigiousness of its law degrees by putting people like that into them. Nothing against the guy, but I really don't think someone should be able to jump straight from TAFE to a Law degree proper at university especially when there are those who got like say... 99.15 but just missed out on the cut-off at some other university.
who gives a fuck nigger law degree is shit degree ok
why dont u think people should be able to do what they want to do
just coz they didnt get a high 'atar'
what the fuck does the atar matter anyway cunt it means nothing

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad
LOL just saw Shadocunt's post about being "elitist".

-That is the reason you have no girlfriend.
-That is the reason you will never have a girlfriend.
-That is the reason girls will never be interested in you. (aww I'm kidding :) It is because you are an ugly cunt)
-But that is the reason you'll never get laid (well your looks play a role in that, but your attitude will not help you pick up either)

You are certainly one miserable cunt that cannot interact with the opposite sex and posts exaggerated stories about conversations with girls that most likely consisted of 2 akward sentences or so then silence, but you come on here and talk about how you can "talk" to girls and how you will get a girl "someday". Utterly pathetic mate. Why don't you grow a pair instead of coming here pretending to be some big shit and putting people down when you yourself are a leech to society? What have you done with your life to warrant such pathetic behaviour? What gives you the right to say someone shouldn't be doing a degree based on their ATAR? Only pathetic cunts like you still cling onto that after high school. Hell if ATAR was an indication of intelligence I'd consider you smart, but even though you got 90+ that doesn't change the fact that you are a brain dead idiot. I'd tell you to get sterilised so you can do the world a favor, but that is not necessary.

You can brag all you want about going to UNSW, that's good for you but you won't be getting anywhere by doing that all day.

sisir55

HSC
Well, it took me a lot of time to read all the replies. Laughed at some replies. The truth is that i will take education loan to do my studies at uni. After completing my four years of engineering, i will be under a debt of AUD94,720 (UWS). So if i study at UWS will i be able to find a job which can pay me a good amount by which i can re-pay my loan? Will my starting salary and job opportunities depend on the uni in which i study? Macquarie uni increased their fee this year. AUD118,000. Thats a lot. Is UWS internationally recognized? If i study at UWS, what will be my starting salary (approx.)?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Well, it took me a lot of time to read all the replies. Laughed at some replies. The truth is that i will take education loan to do my studies at uni. After completing my four years of engineering, i will be under a debt of AUD94,720 (UWS). So if i study at UWS will i be able to find a job which can pay me a good amount by which i can re-pay my loan? Will my starting salary and job opportunities depend on the uni in which i study? Macquarie uni increased their fee this year. AUD118,000. Thats a lot. Is UWS internationally recognized? If i study at UWS, what will be my starting salary (approx.)?
It's possible to get a good job that pays a lot from any uni but your grades have to be top notch.

sisir55

HSC
It's possible to get a good job that pays a lot from any uni but your grades have to be top notch.
Does this apply to all universities? Like, a student with excellent grades from UWS = a student from UNSW with "not bad" type of grades?

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Does this apply to all universities? Like, a student with excellent grades from UWS = a student from UNSW with "not bad" type of grades?
I'd say it would be the same as a UNSW student with pretty good grades because the quality of students at UWS is lower so the marks would be scaled higher for an excellent student I think.

Shadowdude

Cult of Personality
HSC
LOL just saw Shadocunt's post about being "elitist".

-That is the reason you have no girlfriend.
-That is the reason you will never have a girlfriend.
-That is the reason girls will never be interested in you. (aww I'm kidding :) It is because you are an ugly cunt)
-But that is the reason you'll never get laid (well your looks play a role in that, but your attitude will not help you pick up either)

You are certainly one miserable cunt that cannot interact with the opposite sex and posts exaggerated stories about conversations with girls that most likely consisted of 2 akward sentences or so then silence, but you come on here and talk about how you can "talk" to girls and how you will get a girl "someday". Utterly pathetic mate. Why don't you grow a pair instead of coming here pretending to be some big shit and putting people down when you yourself are a leech to society? What have you done with your life to warrant such pathetic behaviour? What gives you the right to say someone shouldn't be doing a degree based on their ATAR? Only pathetic cunts like you still cling onto that after high school. Hell if ATAR was an indication of intelligence I'd consider you smart, but even though you got 90+ that doesn't change the fact that you are a brain dead idiot. I'd tell you to get sterilised so you can do the world a favor, but that is not necessary.

You can brag all you want about going to UNSW, that's good for you but you won't be getting anywhere by doing that all day.
cool story bro tell it again

srsly, my stories about talking to girls exaggerated? i think we can conclude:

mrbean1561 confirmed virgin who will never have a girlfriend because no girls are interested in him because he's an ugly cunt

(we can deduce this because there are several bos-ers who will profess actively that the '2 sentence' hypothetical mrbean proposes is... completely wrong, having seen me talk to and befriend girls many, many times)

Usyd is better than your uni

suck my dick
not my kinda party m8

yalando

HSC
Lol Shadowdude. I love people from the west (like yourself) who are too good for UWS. You should understand then the reasons why they are trying to provide tertiary education to people out here. Logically, you should be pretty empathetic to the issues of the west, unless you kept your head wedged up your pretentious arse your whole life. Oh well..

RANK 1

HSC
ok.. so basically the whole thread had been about whether UWS is a shit uni or not, so lets get back on track for the thread. which is better Macquarie or UWS

MrBean1561

HSC
Uni Grad

mrbean1561 confirmed virgin who will never have a girlfriend because no girls are interested in him because he's an ugly cunt

(we can deduce this because there are several bos-ers who will profess actively that the '2 sentence' hypothetical mrbean proposes is... completely wrong, having seen me talk to and befriend girls many, many times)

not my kinda party m8
LOL out of all that was said you went straight to the defense of whether or not you can talk to girls, plenty more people will agree with me than with you :D lol Good luck in life kid, you will certainly need it.

Last edited:

muhahahahahaha

HSC
wow..this thread is completely off track..arent we supposed to be helping OP choose a uni?
shadow..whats this got to do with whether or not you can get chicks??

LonelyWolf

HSC

not my kinda party m8
you're just giving reasons for people to hurt you at the meat lol

shadow, dude this is pathetic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)