UWS law facilities (1 Viewer)

Valledor

AJV@UWS_combined law
HSC
is it true that UWS has the best law facilities in the state, a few friends doing law at uts made me aware of this, if so what law facilities are they exactly talking about??

L

LaraB

Valledor said:
is it true that UWS has the best law facilities in the state, a few friends doing law at uts made me aware of this, if so what law facilities are they exactly talking about??
you'd have to ask them exactly what they mean...

they could mean the available staff, moot stuff, hard copies of texts, online copies of texts and online resources etc...

j_davo24

HSC
Valledor said:
Parra has a pretend court room, I think that's pretty cool. Never actually seen it used though :p Lol.

= Jennifer =

HSC
j_davo24 said:
Parra has a pretend court room, I think that's pretty cool. Never actually seen it used though :p Lol.
don't call it a pretend court room call it a moot court :p

If you want to see it in use come along to orientation day :)

Demandred

HSC
I think he was being sarcastic - anyone remember those long walks to Parra North Campus?

It's adequate, you have all you need in the libraries and online law journals.

As for moot courts, every uni has one.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah every uni has a moot court although some of them are crappy like the one at UNSW I saw, still I've yet to see the Parra moot court

Most people have seen the campbelltown one, its always used for H&A court scenes

Not-That-Bright

Andrew Quah
HSC
Well I think both USyd / Unsw are building new law buildings... so i'd say both of them are going to pwn the other unis by the end of this year.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Yeah they are, I remember it made it even worse when I knew I would never go there :( The plans sound so cool :mad1:

What is it with UTS students and UWS? I remember at UTS open day a girl who graduated from UTS law said she wished she had gone to UWS and raved about the practical nature of the course etc, she was then shocked that UWS cutoff was low considering the course was good :eek: . It was suprised, maybe their law program sucks lol

Last edited:
L

LaraB

Demandred said:
As for moot courts, every uni has one.
yes but not every one has a "god chair" - ie the name that just about everyone calls the judge/magistrates chair... it's very highly regarded

it's nicer than most unis.. it looks more 'real' and is newer.

L

LaraB

melsc said:
Yeah they are, I remember it made it even worse when I knew I would never go there :( The plans sound so cool :mad1:

What is it with UTS students and UWS? I remember at UTS open day a girl who graduated from UTS law said she wished she had gone to UWS and raved about the practical nature of the course etc, she was then shocked that UWS cutoff was low considering the course was good :eek: . It was suprised, maybe their law program sucks lol
nah their law's good but everyone criticises UTS for being not practical enough... especially copmared to uws... people i know who've been to both uts and uws for law have said that the level of academics and resources available and teaching method etc is equal but coz uws is more practical and timetabling is better they prefer uws coz being practical helps heaps and timetabling stuff i guess they probably liek it coz they can work or whatever

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)