UWS Open Day (1 Viewer)

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Demandred said:
I bet she will respond differently this time next year :)!
Oh it seems you have underestimated my obsessiveness
Just the other day I was drinking a can of lemonade and was vagueing out looking into it

My friend turns around and says to me "Looking for snails Melissa?"

Demandred

HSC
I am going to be evil and squash her obsession now by saying this.... reckon you'll get in? You might not know... under theory of comparative static, demand might shoot through the roof and raise the UAI by some 5 points for UWS law. Reckon you can get that high UAI :)? if not... what happens then :)?

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Demandred said:
I am going to be evil and squash her obsession now by saying this.... reckon you'll get in? You might not know... under theory of comparative static, demand might shoot through the roof and raise the UAI by some 5 points for UWS law. Reckon you can get that high UAI :)? if not... what happens then :)?
Thats wht scares me but I have my plan b - which is get into criminology which is 65ish study my ass off to get a credit average and the transfer after 6 months...

Demandred

HSC
Ah forget what I wrote, seriously, i'd like to see you get in and become the next Jonathan, the guy who can refer to 200 year old common law cases for torts, can recite every section of the constitution and has the will to summarise and critically analyse all his readings before every seminar.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
Demandred said:
Ah forget what I wrote, seriously, i'd like to see you get in and become the next Jonathan, the guy who can refer to 200 year old common law cases for torts, can recite every section of the constitution and has the will to summarise and critically analyse all his readings before every seminar.
We'll when I eventually get there I'll come and find you :p

That sounds like my legal studies teacher, he studied law and expects us to be the same...as if you need to know the exact sections of the constitution for HSC legal studies e.g. sec 51 (29) external affairs power :rolleyes:

natstar said:
I rekon melc will get in. She deservesssss too
Yay I have friends already....now I just have to stop being lazy and start studying my ass off

Last edited:

= Jennifer =

HSC
they are working so hard to make the uni impressive for u guys they started on monday...it the little white tents in union square (whose actual shape is a circle) looks cool :) and the white tent thingys in the middle...

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
uni's all do almost anything to make u wanna go there...dont they realise the only obstacle is the UAI???

oh i noticed its 61 days till my bday...supposing the HSC counter is right

= Jennifer =

HSC
melsc said:
uni's all do almost anything to make u wanna go there...

yep like persuade u with free stuff...but i put uws first cause there was something about it when i went to the open day like i knew i would feel comfortable there :)

Nixter101

HSC
N/A
Hey open day will be great on sunday- its from 10am to 3pm and its at parra campus on james rouse drive so its nice and central.

There will be free stuff - but also more information on the uni and considering thats why ultimatley you go i kinda think thats important.

i also heard there will be a jumping castle???!!!!??? Thats kinda cool

The parra campus looks great i saw them setting up the other day at uni - so maybe ill see you there cause unlike other unis they have current students coming in to talk to you guys who are looking to come to our uni- first hand experience and a unique perspective!!!!

hYperTrOphY

HSC
So, what did everyone think?

I thought it was a great opportunity for people who had specific questions or were still unsure about the course/career they wanted to pursue, but was very different to what I had anticipated. It reminded me of the Nepean Careers Market, actually.

I found browsing through the law textbooks interesting, as it provided some insight into the type of stuff we'll learn.
Unfortunately, I didn't get to go to the Criminology lecture - only if it was on earlier!!

One disappointment was not being able to access the Moot Court. I reckon we should have even been able to observe a case! :p

Angel45

HSC
hYperTrOphY said:
So, what did everyone think?

I thought it was a great opportunity for people who had specific questions or were still unsure about the course/career they wanted to pursue, but was very different to what I had anticipated. It reminded me of the Nepean Careers Market, actually.

I found browsing through the law textbooks interesting, as it provided some insight into the type of stuff we'll learn.
Unfortunately, I didn't get to go to the Criminology lecture - only if it was on earlier!!

One disappointment was not being able to access the Moot Court. I reckon we should have even been able to observe a case! :p
That's good to hear! The orientation u do nxt year when ur in the course for law is fun also!! Bummer about the moot court... it's pretty good actually - looks like the real deal! :p

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC
I went
I got more free stuff than stuff bout uni but :(
2dayFm distracted me...
I kept trying to win the ipod shuffle...but didn't win :eek:
I got heaps of sherbies,redskins and milkshake lollies...
I even got a box of tacos lol
Ipod shuffle woulda been nice but oh wellz...

Funny experience with the shuttle
me and my mates thought it took u to parra station...it took us to the other side of the campus...lol
We had 2 catch a diff bus to get to parra...
then we bummed there for a few hours :)

irnie

life is a dance floor
HSC
goan_crazy said:
I went
I got more free stuff than stuff bout uni but :(
2dayFm distracted me...
I kept trying to win the ipod shuffle...but didn't win :eek:
I got heaps of sherbies,redskins and milkshake lollies...
I even got a box of tacos lol
Ipod shuffle woulda been nice but oh wellz...

saaaaame, got soooo much free stuff... a bunch of cute little pens and lollies. must admit, 2dayFM were quite the distraction...

my bestie and i just got a ride back to westfield and bummed.... we'd forgotten how many freaks/weird perverts are around parramatta... :S

doesn't seem like the place i wanna be at though, their art exhibition was shit, so definitely not my slice of pie

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)