UWS really isn't that bad. (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
I am yet to see what the big deal is about UWS being a trashy, shithole uni that is close to the equivalent of tafe. Personally I think it's decent, no social life whatsoever but the Campbelltown campus is great and I actually prefer not having old, decrepit hogwarts buildings.
So what's all the whinging about it being a shithole for?

badquinton304

HSC
I am yet to see what the big deal is about UWS being a trashy, shithole uni that is close to the equivalent of tafe. Personally I think it's decent, no social life whatsoever but the Campbelltown campus is great and I actually prefer not having old, decrepit hogwarts buildings.
So what's all the whinging about it being a shithole for?
Na campbelltown campus is great, most of the shitty experiences I hear of, seem to be mostly at parramatta campus. I think your experience depends also on the course you are doing.

HSC
I dont see it as shit at all...we dont have a shit law faculty or substantially limited student resources... We have good lecturers and student support systems.

Everyone is just sterotyping students and also considering the fact that we have a lower UAI/ATAR for courses.. its only low coz we are a young uni. There are courses that have high supply/demand that aren't piss easy to get into or survive.

Omar-Comin

HSC
N/A
I dont see it as shit at all...we dont have a shit law faculty or substantially limited student resources... We have good lecturers and student support systems.

Everyone is just sterotyping students and also considering the fact that we have a lower UAI/ATAR for courses.. its only low coz we are a young uni. There are courses that have high supply/demand that aren't piss easy to get into or survive.
please stop lieing to yourself.
UWS no good

ambermorn

Tic Tac addict.
HSC
N/A
^ ur grammar no good. UWS too good for u.

My UWS experience has been great, the only drawback has been facing those people who question why I chose to go there (which is easy enough to deal with, considering their opinions are only based on perceived prestige and not the strength of the individual faculties within the uni).

Oh, and parking at Parra is pretty awful, but our parking permits are cheap as chips, bro.

bazookajoe

Shy Guy
HSC
The fact you made this thread highlights that UWS is terrible

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
Did i mention my penis can fly?
haha...you made my day!

Law faculty at UWS is awesome!

I've only ever been to parra campus and i can't complain, it's quite nice. Also there's a much broader demographic than other unis, get to meet all sorts of interesting people.

melsc

Premium Member
HSC
I am happy to leave this thread if it is constructive, however if people are going to fill it with "UWS sucks"" and other unfounded comments I will close it.

If I end up closing it I appologise OP but most trolls on this forum target threads like this.

Omar-Comin

HSC
N/A
No self-respecting person should attend UWS, just like no self-respecting person should eat used toliet paper.
it's just not on.

rokkuguhyo

HSC
My UWS experience has been great, the only drawback has been facing those people who question why I chose to go there (which is easy enough to deal with, considering their opinions are only based on perceived prestige and not the strength of the individual faculties within the uni).
Haha yeah, whenever I tell people from the city that I go to UWS, they have this frozen, fake smile on their face, and say something along the lines of "Oh, well, at least it's close to where you live". But it doesn't really bother me anymore.

Actually, before I started going to UWS (Penrith), I also used to think negatively of the uni (mostly thanks to BOS), then I realised it's nowhere near as bad as people say. For people who don't even attend UWS, where do these negative judgments come from?

mrsajmon23

The Szyja
HSC
Haha yeah, whenever I tell people from the city that I go to UWS, they have this frozen, fake smile on their face, and say something along the lines of "Oh, well, at least it's close to where you live". But it doesn't really bother me anymore.

Actually, before I started going to UWS (Penrith), I also used to think negatively of the uni (mostly thanks to BOS), then I realised it's nowhere near as bad as people say. For people who don't even attend UWS, where do these negative judgments come from?
I think most of it comes from the whole lower UAI requirements. That and the image of the "west".

I went to Macquarie last year and i have to say that the lecturers/tutors at UWS are much better, but that's just my personal opinion.

Sarah182

Herpes Member
HSC
I hate trolls.

But in other news, I glad that there is some agreement about the uni. And I also agree that it does depend on the course. The medicine facilities are amazing and I know from talking to a friend that does med at UNSW the course structure and design as well as the facilities are better at campbelltown.

I am doing physio and the head of physiotherapy was head of physio at Melbourne uni for ages and has spoken at a shitload of international conferences.

I think the negative perspective lies with pompous idiots who believe they are better than the rest of us for going to a more 'prestigious' university.

HSC
haha...you made my day!

Law faculty at UWS is awesome!

I've only ever been to parra campus and i can't complain, it's quite nice. Also there's a much broader demographic than other unis, get to meet all sorts of interesting people.
Yeah i actually had one of my lec, Theresa sit down and help me try solve this issue i was having with HECs, coz i am a perm resident long story have to pay fees upfront n she sat there n looked to see if there was anything in legislation that prevented me from receiving special considerations to get an extension to pay my fees etc etc...

Great ppl seriously. Im at parra too!!! Love the library!

bio_nut

HSC
You realise us at Usyd don't tend to study in the old sandstone buildings anyway, retard? Plus they are beautifully kept anyway.

Be proud of your uni if you want, but I've found my uni to have excellent support networks, the lecturers are fantastic and always approachable, we have very good facilities plus I have a much greater range of majors to choose from.

Talking up UWS is fine, but I notice that at those the unis commonly referred to as "lower tier" only seem to try enhance the talking up of their unis by putting down the more prestigious ones. Everyone sees through this.

Jealously is not becoming.

supercalamari

you've got the love
HSC
You realise us at Usyd don't tend to study in the old sandstone buildings anyway, retard? Plus they are beautifully kept anyway.
99% chance of me going to Newcastle, but every time I've been to Sydney those sandstone buildings are really enticing :(

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)