Uws (1 Viewer)

.deimonic

HSC
I find it funny how all the people who are supporting UWS type with grammatical errors.

dzth

HSC
typical arrogant cunts that go to unsw/usyd mocking uws.

MJ-47

HSC
Im starting to see a trend in these threads where people who "fanatically" support UWS are saying that UNSW and USYD are shit.....

BeyondDeath

HSC
I went to UWS Macarthur last year and my experience there was not great to say the least. Aside from the rediculous amount of travel, there was close to no campus life there. And as a result of me having to travel so far I had to try my best to not land any 9 am classes and I had to leave uni as early as possible to get home at a reasonable time so that led to me skipping lectures and stuff.

That said, the people there were friendly enough and the one thing I will miss about that place are friends.

I'm enrolling at UTS tomorrow so I'm glad thats behind me.

Muchi

HSC
Aww thats sad. I couldve gone to macquarie and accomplished an IT degree but it wasnt what i wanted and i chose uws as they had my course but the problem is that uts also offers media arts so theres huge competition and they are a threat. But ive been to uws penrith (south werrington), went to a practise lecture and sort of spent a trial day there and it wasnt so bad, it was g8. Also they have like a 3 floor library dedicated to communication arts study resources so im looking forward to my degree! I guess its what you study at uws, i mean not all courses at a uni are perfect. yeah, some of my mates have had bad experiences there doing business, commerce, physiology, arts that sort of thing but one other of my mates graduated in 2008 from design and said it was awesome. She told me the lecturers there are from the industry and well they lay realistic goals for their students and now she works for yahoo. She told me uts students are the best and cream of communication material in sydney but if u do well at uws you can be likened to buttermilk and still land a good job with decent pay (she earning appr. $80,000 p.a as a news and video producer) I might change to design if i dont like media arts but opinions vary! im just throwing in my five cents to this discussion.

Last edited:

BeyondDeath

HSC
Overall I wouldnt say that UWS is shit, I know of quite a few people who are happy and satisfied there, its just my experience there wasnt all that great. However, education-wise, I did have some pretty quality lecturers. I guess if the travel wasnt so much of a hassle and if I had more of a fun time there then it would've been great.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)