V for Vendetta (1 Viewer)

Benny_

Elementary Penguin
HSC
The most confronting scene, visually, in V was the flashback where the bodies were getting piled up in ditches.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
I thought it was an OK film, with a perfectly executed storyline. Although it might've sacrificed some quality over the intertextuals. Plus it was a bit lame in parts;
Overall - 3 Chiko rolls.

Pierotte

HSC
PaleReflection said:
I'm probably wrong, but I was under the impression that the lesbian left the letter in the hole in the wall, and after she died V was placed in her cell and found it.
The letter was written in several parts and each "day" she got a new installment

She didnt get them all in one go, they were slipped through periodically.

PaleReflection

i can teach you
HSC
ok. right now i feel like a massive retard, because i was still thinking that she had actually been captured.

dont mind me, hahaha. i get it.

tasha1188

Forever is overrated!!
HSC
V for Vendetta was a good movie...i watched it last nite...the only movie i watched at the marathon where i wasnt under my jacket...

i loved the end when they blew up that building and the beginning when they blew up the statue...t'was so kool... and i loved the music played in those scenes...hugo weaving did a great job playing a masks terrorist...stupid poms :)...and i loved the end part where all those pplz flooded the city dressed as V...but i got lost coz like we're most of those pplz dead...like they showed Evey's parents and valerie and all those pplz they V killed...that part confused me...

Last edited:

stalk_if_u_dare

cheese hater
HSC
tasha1188 said:
...but i got lost coz like we're most of those pplz dead...like they showed Evey's parents and valerie and all those pplz they V killed...that part confused me...
its symbolism......im too bothered to explain:p dont worry one of my friends asked the same question.

we all got asked when Evey said "He was my father....& my mother..."
we were "WTF?!?!" then it made more sense later

Collin

HSC
N/A
How could people not understand those trivial things? It's not rocket science, unless you didn't take any notice of the dialogue. Haha. :D

nickyroony

BigBlogger
HSC
I wish there was less talking and more fighting =_= Normally I don't like action movies.. but for this one they talk so friggin much I just hoped for something more exciting.

But other than that, it was okay.

Collin

HSC
N/A
nickyroony said:
I wish there was less talking and more fighting =_= Normally I don't like action movies.. but for this one they talk so friggin much I just hoped for something more exciting.
If there was more fighting and less talking, it would of just became another B grade action flick, douche. If you made more effort to comprehend the 'talking', perhaps you would of actually enjoyed the film. Perhaps.

Prankster9015

HSC
N/A
I suggest reading the graphic novel. The issues are explored deeper / comic is darker. There are also quite a few differences. One is that when Evey is apprehended by the fingermen in the start, she was actually offering sex (prostitute) and was supposed to be 16 yrs old. I don't know, I think the movie has been "watered down" slightly. (lol, good thing or it would have been R18+ and would have reduced its audience). There are also a few characters ommited. Overall though, good transition from comic/graphic novel to movie.:hammer:

MaryJane

Extraordinary Machine
HSC
I'm totally in love with this movie! My boy and I saw it a few weeks ago now, and we both keep referring to it. I cant wait until its out on DVD. I think we both appreciated it more because we both really enjoyed Brave New World and Nineteen Eighty-Four. So much symbolism and history. Hugo Weaving was fantastic! Such expression while hiding behind a mask, I loved his little speeches. And Natalie Portman was gorgeous as always :D

I really, really recommend this movie. But be prepared for a bit of intellectual thought, rather than just crappy fighting scenes.

HSC
N/A
^ I was thinking it was very BNW and 1984 :D Like, the whole "Unity" thing? I didn't do that module, but whoa...

I was very intrigued by this movie... not that I have much drama experience/knowledge but some of the scenes I thought were really beautiful, like the scene where the female doctor is having the conversation with V and the little bit that happens after she says "are you going to kill me now?". A little torn over the ending. Would have really liked an epilogue... but maybe that's a personal thing (I HATE not knowing everything :p)

And Huge Weaving was MAGNIFICENT, I thought. Unbelievable. The character was wonderful.

Also loved the apron bit, and the TV part where "V" was looking around and rattling the spoon off the corrugated iron thingo hahaha... hilarious! For some reason, could also see links with other stories... Beauty and the Beast jumps to mind (such as the 'you have to stay here for a year' and her coming back/loving him, her waking up in a massive library...!!)

Bunny04

VIVE LA FRANCE
Well for starters, Australia, NSW, Sydney- and fin
HSC
I just came home from seeing it,
truly I heart this movie. I thought it was really good, another of the Wachowski brothers movies- (I loved the Matrix triology as well) it brought up similar thought prevoking issues as in the matrix, but more a little easier to grasp.
Hugo I have to say was bloody awesome,
and not until the end of the goal scene (natalies bit) did I realise what was going on! lol.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
MaryJane said:
I'm totally in love with this movie! My boy and I saw it a few weeks ago now, and we both keep referring to it. I cant wait until its out on DVD. I think we both appreciated it more because we both really enjoyed Brave New World and Nineteen Eighty-Four. So much symbolism and history. Hugo Weaving was fantastic! Such expression while hiding behind a mask, I loved his little speeches. And Natalie Portman was gorgeous as always :D

I really, really recommend this movie. But be prepared for a bit of intellectual thought, rather than just crappy fighting scenes.
Ninety Eighty-Four was the reason I hated this movie. It feels like a 14 year old Orwell fanboy tried to write his own story and fucked up.

shimmerz_777

HSC
I was able to enjoy the movie because i didnt analyse it. ignorance is bliss. analysing movies ruins them unless they have some kind of positive outlook. in V for Vendetta's case, analysing it will just lead to you thinking what is wrong with the world today, which isnt very entertaining. otherwise i thought it was good

Bobness

English / Law
HSC
N/A
LOL i was told you can use the movie for module c: telling the truth. In particular the scene where Evey says um "Artists use lies to tell the truth" and when she's stuck in the fake prison but she learns more about the truth in the metaphoric cage of human thought.

Blergh apart from all that which was drilled into my head earlier the film methinks was quite good. Portman looks like knightley a bit :uhhuh:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)