V8 Supercars 2005 (1 Viewer)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I hope Lowndes wins the championship. He isn't a stuck up cocky driver like Ambrose is, and I don't like Ingall either, constantly bitching about other teams. The HRT boys are dark horses though. But yeah, Lowndes should win, he definately has had the fastest car most of the season, has had the most pole positions and the most round wins.

As for James Courtney, I think hes a great driver. I actually wished he made it into F1, other than just testing for a team, I think hes a better driver that what Webber is. Good replacement for Ambrose though.

xlr8_angelo

HBHS Class of 05
HSC
they announced ambroses replacement today on RPM, its gunna be James Courtney formally of HRT. The new car will be a BF falcon labled number #4

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
Cape said:
I hope Lowndes wins the championship. He isn't a stuck up cocky driver like Ambrose is, and I don't like Ingall either, constantly bitching about other teams. The HRT boys are dark horses though. But yeah, Lowndes should win, he definately has had the fastest car most of the season, has had the most pole positions and the most round wins.
i want lowdnes to win too, ambrose is as you said cocky (he is many more profanities too)...and i dont really like Ingall, but i tink chances are he will win.

Last edited:

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Well, the last 2 rounds are three races each, and Ingall this season (thus far) hasn't had the best record for the sprint races. I actually think Holden overall have a better record, well Todd Kelly does anyway.

Hopefully someone *stares towards murph and skaife* accidently crash into Ambrose and Ingall and take them out, so Lowndes can come away with the wins. Even if Lowndes does win a round, it will be a tall order for him to take more than 81 points out of Ingall. But the last three rounds have shown how quickly things can change.

unfortunate Skaife has found his greatest form right at the end. its still possible for him to win. I really dont like the stone brothers and its sad for hrt to loose courtney to them. I reckon hell do really good next year.

I dont like the system how its only like 2 point difference between the places. like at this time, 1 2 and 3rd place is basically all the same. theres no much incentive, especially for ingall, if nothing really bad happens to him his got it easy. Skaife and Lowndes deserve to be first and second. they are true great drivers.

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Skaife has form? Pfft .... its called LUCK! It was only because of the issues at Bathurst and Indy and possibly slightly of Sandown that he is in the title race. He doesn't deserve to be in the title chase at all, hes been in nowheresville 3/4 of the season.

On the other hand, Lowndes having won the most rounds, by 3, should be miles infront of Ingall and Ambrose, but no. Tony just wants the champion to be decided at the final round, so he can promote it like all hell.

Holden have an unfair advantage at Phillip Island, its there test track :(

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
Argonaut said:
Skaife can hardly be considered a good driver if he's such a sore lsoer - I draw your attetnion to the Eastern Creek race where he and Ingall had their moment. Ingalll got penalised for 'aiming' at Skaife, but the Holden driver ignored safety procedures and stayed in front of the safety barriers simlpy to shake his fist at Ingall. Worse, he didn't get penalised.
im not a die hard skaife fan, but how amny races and championships has he won? or even just bathursts?

Cape said:
Skaife has form? Pfft .... its called LUCK! It was only because of the issues at Bathurst and Indy and possibly slightly of Sandown that he is in the title race. He doesn't deserve to be in the title chase at all, hes been in nowheresville 3/4 of the season.

On the other hand, Lowndes having won the most rounds, by 3, should be miles infront of Ingall and Ambrose, but no. Tony just wants the champion to be decided at the final round, so he can promote it like all hell.

Holden have an unfair advantage at Phillip Island, its there test track
tony cockhead should fuck off

holden have an unfair advantage? did you think about lowndes' relationship with that track :rolleyes: ?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
braad said:
im not a die hard skaife fan, but how amny races and championships has he won? or even just bathursts?

tony cockhead should fuck off

holden have an unfair advantage? did you think about lowndes' relationship with that track :rolleyes: ?
*Waits Argo to comment about Skaife* I love how much he hates Skaife :p

Lowndes was the last driver to win at Phillip Island. Brad, you should have said, some ford teams have an unfair advantage at Queensland Raceway :p

Atleast the Tasmanian round is being broadcasted over 2 days. And I hope that there isn't a Tasmanian on the podium either :)

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Righto ... who is going to win the championship. They were talking about the top 5 before this race, but now I think its down to Lowndes and Ingall. Ambrose is a long shot and so are the two HRT boys.

Lowndes needs to do what he did this weekend, stay up the pointy end of the field and stay out of trouble, and ingall stays down around 10th or so place, Lowndes has it won. Too close though, and the SBR cars in the past few rounds haven't been the best. Infact, its been since before Bathurst that these cars have been the best. hmm.

I'm getting an urge to go to Phillip Island to watch the race. Its so tense, just 49 points between Lowndes and Ingall - remember, going into the Tasmanian round, there was 88 points between them. And Lowndes was third. Loved the second race though, possbily the nail in the coffin for Ambrose :D

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
i still think ingall, he really needs a disastous weekend to lose the lead...lowdnes if he goes good and with a bit of luck could get it, but my best bet is ingall.

HSC
Eventful round in the series, though the track is straight forward and dull with only that hair-pin corner that so many cars spun on. Ambrose has had unfortunate luck this season and should have had the championship wrapped up by now - luck of the Irish!

When did Brabham start driving a V8? I know he had a guest appearence at Bathurst (like he does every year) but is this full-time drive? There is only Phillip Island and that the Final Battle (Eastern Creek) remaining in this series?

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
All Ingall pretty much has to do is keep the car pointing in the right direction. Although, i don't want to see some driver pansying around in 8th place just because he wants the points. Then again, symmons plain isn't the best track in Australia for overtaking.

Phillip Island, being the test track for so many teams might be a major factor, the holdens will spoil the party for one driver. *Fingers crossed its Ingall*

Brabham is replacing ritter (cause he can't drive for shit) for the final two rounds at Tasmania and Phillip Island.

Ambrose doesn't deserve the championship, he runs and cries to mummy everytime something doesn't go his way. He hasn't had the best car for more than half the season, and lately, too many mistakes. His driving this weekend was nothing spectacular.

But congrats to Garth for winning for the first time in 5 years :)

shortygb

BOSer #13412
HSC
i think were all happy that ambrose is going to nascar...

i dont like symmons plains, its such a small and boring track, not real place to overtake unless they stuff up (at usually only at the hairpin).

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
I'm glad that hes going. Atleast I won't have to constantly hear his whinging and whinging that every accident that he has wasn't his fault, when the majority of them are because of his pig headedness and oversized ego.

Who the hell decided to go back to Symmons Plain? Fucking Tony cockface! jeez, he wants there to be a race in every single state, then why the fuck are they going to bahrain and china, apart from the obvious money? Bring back the creek.

And don't even get me started on Mark Webber commentating during the second race. pfft ... that boy needs a slap in the face!

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
*In a tony voice* But we need to go to every state in Australia, after all, this is the best Australian motorsport, it ranks higher than F1, moto gp and champ cars. Its family friendly, and therefore must be raced in every state, which is why I got rid of Canberra and I have now added China and Bahrain to the calender :rolleyes:

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
Cape said:
*I Its family friendly, and therefore must be raced in every state, which is why I got rid of Canberra and I have now added China and Bahrain to the calender :rolleyes:
It sucks so much that we lost the Canberra race, but the way we lost it was typical. We had a small minority that complained saying stuff like "They're too loud" or "They've blocked the roads and I cant get to work" (even though there are millions of ways into Civic)
And our bloody "Legistative Assembly" listerned to them and we lost the race...
They ignored completely the advertising Canberra was getting and the fact 100,000 people attended one of the weekends!

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
i know have a 282 point lead over the next palced person in my Sportal dreamteam-comp-thingo

and im 140 overall...such a fall from grace :eek: (i was once 3rd overall :))

Cape

Forza Ferrari!
HSC
Miss GTR - theres only one driver in the world who has god like driving skills and he does not drive a V8, well not yet anyway :) Skaife is over the hill, like Seton is (as much as I hate to say that).

I loved the Canberra race, it was a better street circuit than Indy can ever be. And even though the reverse grid was never a good idea, it did provide some entertainment seeing the fast guys go through the field.

Argo - is that McRae is your avatar? Poor guy, I nearly cried when I was watching the coverage on Sunday, he was so strong. He hasn't lost the touch :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)