• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

VB one day series [ind, aus, zim] (1 Viewer)

Who'll win?

• INDIA

Votes: 13 28.9%
  • AUSTRALIA

Votes: 24 53.3%
  • ZIMBABWE

Votes: 4 8.9%
  • *vote here if you couldnt give a toss, and are only voting for the sake of voting*

Votes: 4 8.9%

• Total voters

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
hmm all based on rankings, which could change between now and then. also it depends on how many matches each country plays which differs. eg nz plays alot less than aust and india and alot of the other sub continent teams.

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by copious
hmm all based on rankings, which could change between now and then. also it depends on how many matches each country plays which differs. eg nz plays alot less than aust and india and alot of the other sub continent teams.
yeah, but smh and baggygreen.com.au, show different possible teams- and i don't like the smh team- thats all. :D

choco

love the mini xxl!
HSC
the only point of concern with this "best vs rest" is that if Australia do win ( and they probably canl) they'll get even more arrogant when they play , maybe they should have "best vs best" like pick both the teams and let them play each other....

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
choco, it's fine to call the australian team arrogant but they don't really compare in the arrogance department with the indian team. Sourav is often delusional in press conferences and it is partly that attitude, that, in the words of Greg Chappel, result in him being 'in the bottom half of test captains in world cricket'.

I think some of it is cultural too. You don't see Indians walk (like Ponting did tonight). And no one will ever forget the time Rahul Dravid called Michael Slater a cheat (which resulted in Slats doing his nut).

fuck there must be a lot of indians on this board (looking at the votes)

Ponting was superb today both with the bat and with his captaincy in the field. He is really leading by example. Gilly and Lee were as explosive as ever. Lee's ball to dismiss Tendulkar was outstanding. Nothing like a cartwheeling off stump!

sensational!

that said, agarkar batted well for a change. he must've enjoyed not facing lee ;) It's good to see it, he's had a horror run up to this point.

Last edited:

freaking_out

Saddam's new life
HSC
Originally posted by golfstick
choco, it's fine to call the australian team arrogant but they don't really compare in the arrogance department with the indian team. Sourav is often delusional in press conferences and it is partly that attitude, that, in the words of Greg Chappel, result in him being 'in the bottom half of test captains in world cricket'.

I think some of it is cultural too. You don't see Indians walk (like Ponting did tonight). And no one will ever forget the time Rahul Dravid called Michael Slater a cheat (which resulted in Slats doing his nut).

fuck there must be a lot of indians on this board (looking at the votes)

Ponting was superb today both with the bat and with his captaincy in the field. He is really leading by example. Gilly and Lee were as explosive as ever. Lee's ball to dismiss Tendulkar was outstanding. Nothing like a cartwheeling off stump!

sensational!

that said, agarkar batted well for a change. he must've enjoyed not facing lee ;) It's good to see it, he's had a horror run up to this point.
australia is a very arrogant team...and also their have the worst behavioural record!

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
whats the go with the top order, on paper its world class. sehwag,tendy,laxman,dravid,gangers. and bloody gangers, it was clearly an edge to gilly last night he should of walked.

golfstick

balbrady's balbarer
HSC
N/A
hayden wouldn't have been able to tell, it feels the same off the bat and it is a highly unusual mode of dismissal. Ganguly's was a case of him knowing he hit it and that was all that mattered. Ponting walked btw.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yeah with hayden it probaly felt like he hit it into the ground force, its a common shot.

copious

Linbo rox my sox
HSC
yesi have played cricket before.sorry cricket expert, we shall bow down to you all the time.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)