VCE Maths questions help (1 Viewer)

boredsatan

HSC
Re: maths questions help

Very few here are familiar with the VCE. But I find the VCE Maths curriculum modern and progressive.
Would you by any chance have any idea of vce maths methods difficulty in getting 40 raw

He-Mann

Vexed?
HSC
N/A

If you don't know how to do a question, then consider the event that you don't understand question; you know what to do in this case.

Otherwise, you need to figure out, precisely, why you can't do a question. So, if this habit is left unchecked, then you may become more dependent on people helping you to learn new things; clearly a detriment to your cognitive growth and independence.

boredsatan

HSC

If you don't know how to do a question, then consider the event that you don't understand question; you know what to do in this case.

Otherwise, you need to figure out, precisely, why you can't do a question. So, if this habit is left unchecked, then you may become more dependent on people helping you to learn new things; clearly a detriment to your cognitive growth and independence.
Are you trying to degrade me?

boredsatan

HSC

What would you do if you found a maths question hard?

He-Mann

Vexed?
HSC
N/A

What would you do if you found a maths question hard?
In my experience, it's either a lack of knowledge in a topic or it requires a whole new perspective on a concept.

Assume that I've understood the question and have enough knowledge in the relevant topics. Then I usually employ a systematic approach described by George Polya in his book How to Solve It:

1. First principle: Understand the problem

2. Second principle: Devise a plan

3. Third principle: Carry out the plan

4. Fourth principle: Review/extend

Works well in my experience when you don't have solutions. But I used to have a habit of checking solutions (given that I had solutions) before giving 100% on it; missed out on mental development here :p

Last edited:

boredsatan

HSC

In my experience, it's either a lack of knowledge in a topic or it requires a whole new perspective on a concept.

Assume that I've understood the question and have enough knowledge in the relevant topics. Then I usually employ a systematic approach described by George Polya in his book How to Solve It:

1. First principle: Understand the problem

2. Second principle: Devise a plan

3. Third principle: Carry out the plan

4. Fourth principle: Review/extend

Works well in my experience when you don't have solutions. But I used to have a habit of checking solutions (given that I had solutions) before giving 100% on it; missed out on mental development here :p
would you check worked solutions or non worked solutions?

boredsatan

HSC
Is it concerning if I need to use worked solutions to do maths homework? (I have tutor as well)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)